Suggested Header for 99' Acura Integra LS

VikingShotGun

So I have a stock 1999 Acura Integra LS w/ a B18B1 Engine in it, It's automatic (don't hate). I'm wanting to replace my header in the car for something that will gain just a few more horses. Any recommendations on the header? Anything else I should keep in mind?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
It's useless on a stock b18b. You'd need a full, large diameter system to even make a difference but even then its not worth if IMO.

Tree

you have an ls and an auto, whats the point in trying to get more power, it'll just be a waste of money

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Bling and sound. That's the only reason I want one lol

Sent from my phone

randomhobo

automagic user
you have an ls and an auto, whats the point in trying to get more power, it'll just be a waste* of money
Fixed.

Look, I have a 97 automatic RS, the learn from my waste of $$$. The only thing you will gain is an awesome sound but ONLY if you have the catback to go with it. Realistically you would only gain maybe 1-3 whp from just a header (Honda estimates appx. 30% power loss on the B-series auto trannys). Then agsing even with a decent CAI, Header< and catback you should only expect 10-15whp at most, and having spent around $400-$700 depending on the brands you went with.

Grab an 5spd, that'll get you waht you want though. A full swap can run from $1000-$2000 depending on what you throw in when you do it.

On a side note AUTOCLUB!!!

Ganyon

I have a dc ceramic header on my auto ls. Its mainly for bling. I did notice a little more throttle response and a tiny bit more torque. Power wise, it made no difference. I was running a 16.9 in a quarter mile with a short ram and catback. With the header added, I ran a 16.7 to 16.8.

randomhobo

automagic user
I have a dc ceramic header on my auto ls. Its mainly for bling. I did notice a little more throttle response and a tiny bit more torque. Power wise, it made no difference. I was running a 16.9 in a quarter mile with a short ram and catback. With the header added, I ran a 16.7 to 16.8.
Really? I have DC ceramic 4-2-1 header, DC CAI, Yonaka catback, I feel like my car runs faster than that. Probably not much faster but still that sounds like an underestimation?

randomhobo

automagic user
Damn, I'ma pull my rears soon I think, Have you timed your car? Just curious I picked up an app that claims to give a pretty accurate estimate (Dynolicious) haven't used it yet.