Suggestions - gravedigging and FS threads

96GSRteg

Tyler
I have to suggestions i would like to propose to the mods and see if there is anything they can do about these issues.

1. Anti-gravedigging feature: Basically something that recognizes when someone is about to reply on a thread when the last post was at least a month (or X months) ago. If someone tries to post, then bring up a messagebox (just like when you get a PM) that tells them they are posting on an old thread and asks if they want to continue. This would save a lot of trouble for everybody and would keep things fresh.

2. FS thread template: A template that automatically appears when you try to make a new thread in the "For sale" section. The template would have namespaces for the product names, description, price, pictures etc. and at the bottom would say "By posting this, I hereby state that I understand and have followed the FS rules, located at http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=72855. If I did not follow these rules, I understand that my thread will be deleted." or something to that tune. Again, this would save time for the poster and the user, while avoiding at least 5 posts being wasted about what the rules are.

I understand that some of these things may not be possible with vbulletin, but it would be nice. Obviously this isnt a complete plan but I would just like to throw it out there. Thoughts? Suggestions?

itzrivera

I have to suggestions i would like to propose to the mods and see if there is anything they can do about these issues.

1. Anti-gravedigging feature: Basically something that recognizes when someone is about to reply on a thread when the last post was at least a month (or X months) ago. If someone tries to post, then bring up a messagebox (just like when you get a PM) that tells them they are posting on an old thread and asks if they want to continue. This would save a lot of trouble for everybody and would keep things fresh.

2. FS thread template: A template that automatically appears when you try to make a new thread in the "For sale" section. The template would have namespaces for the product names, description, price, pictures etc. and at the bottom would say "By posting this, I hereby state that I understand and have followed the FS rules, located at http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=72855. If I did not follow these rules, I understand that my thread will be deleted." or something to that tune. Again, this would save time for the poster and the user, while avoiding at least 5 posts being wasted about what the rules are.

3. More smiley options, kinda like clubrsx.

I understand that some of these things may not be possible with vbulletin, but it would be nice. Obviously this isnt a complete plan but I would just like to throw it out there. Thoughts? Suggestions?
fixed.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Once my compilation is epic, I shall unleash it in a fiery blaze upon the club integra folks

96GSRteg

Tyler
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I just hate yelling at them for the same stupid shit, I love trolling n00bs for stupid things they do so uniquely
Haha like jdm pinstripping?

So can any mod chime in and see if these things are possible?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Prozon

Kris
I think the "gravedigging" option is a good one. I just noticed this for the first time like last week. It doesn't pop up, but in red it says "This thread is more then 60 days old. Are you sure you want to post this?" or something along those lines. I love that idea.. seeing as how somebody just pulled a thread a year and a half old to call the OP, who isn't around anymore, a noob.

As for the "For Sale" idea.. I don't know if a template would be possible- but a simple message or maybe even redirecting to the rules briefly before starting a thread would work.. or maybe a ticker at the top of the "new thread" thing saying the rules. Lol. So many options to get people to read what should have been read already.

96GSRteg

Tyler
These are some good ideas. I think I might just send a mod a link to this thread because I don't think any of them have seen I yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk