Sun Roof Issue

cb112282

My Sun Roof Switch Just Broke, Does Anyone Know How To Manually Close The Sunroof?? Do I Need A Special Tool (crank)?? Where Can Get A Crank???

crk_88

if u look on craigslist sometimes there are sunroofs on there that u can replace ur current one with :) best of luck

mirrorimg

Take off the little cover on the map lights on the headliner, it is a small square on the plastic. Inside you will see a hole that looks like it would be for an allen key. I dont know what tool you need, but Im sure you could get it from Acura.

Sorry I didnt answer this sooner, I had an idea of where it was, but removing my headliner last night reminded me of this thread. Good luck.

GSRtuner

Theres a double L shape tool with mine with a torqs bit head on both sides that goes inside the motor and manualy crank it close or open the sun roof. You will have to pull the plug behind the sun roof out to get to the motor to stick the tool in.

Ok the ref nuber is 001
Wrench, sunroof
$ 9.03
Thats from the Acura site under parts but this is in the tool bag that comes with the car.

Last edited:

ross601

how do i get the covers off without breaking them and i went to my local acura dealership and they looked at me like i was crazy.

cb112282

I did stick an alen wrench in there and it did turn, It did move something but not all the way. My sunroof tracks may be dirty or something is blocking. I know my sunroof motor works but the sunroof came off the tracks... last thing I want to do is take off the headliner to put it back together....

cb112282

Take off the little cover on the map lights on the headliner, it is a small square on the plastic. Inside you will see a hole that looks like it would be for an allen key. I dont know what tool you need, but Im sure you could get it from Acura.

Sorry I didnt answer this sooner, I had an idea of where it was, but removing my headliner last night reminded me of this thread. Good luck.
Do you have a 4dr??? Was it a pain to remove the headliner???

j13

Keep It Clean
Take off the head liner. You'll see the whole thing.

1) wait till sunday
2) round up all your tools
3) drink a beer
4) get to work
5) pull the head liner
6) trouble shoot(look for yourself what it could be)
7) if its a simple fix, fix it, relube while your there.
8) put everything back together
9) clean your hands
10) drink another beer
11) update thread on how easy it was.

You could also take some pictures of the process, might help someone else who has a moonroof

.Cortez

94' LS
My teg has a little what appears to be a screw driver hole in a plastic peice in my headliner, if you pop that off I'm pretty sure thats where the mechanical manual close thing goes. I know my car came with the tool.

mirrorimg

Its a little cumbersome, but not really that difficult. Took a bit of time to get all of the handles, lights, and visors off.

You should have complete access to it just by removing the map light. Pop the plastic cover from the lights. There should be two 8 or 10mm bolts (I think) holding it on. Once those are off, you should be able to see the motor.