Sunroof flew off

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm not lying or joking. A couple weeks ago a group of my friends were coming back from Orlando and all of a sudden on the interstate I hear a gust of wind. Just like opening the sunroof. I look in the mirrors, didn't see anything (it was around midnight or later) and there was nothing in the back seat. I opened the roof to get access to the glass of the sunroof it was gone. We were cruising mind you, so there was no excess speed (70 MPH). The sunroof was closed. The only thing I can think of is that it was very humid, but it always is because I live in central Florida. Anyone ever see this happening?

Pics of course:

That black stuff is the glue or adhesive that the glass sits on apparently and the sunroof is in the fully closed position. The air also pushed down the roof lining inside the car.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
And the glass is no where to be found. Some where on the side of the interstate probably. I just hope no one hit it behind me.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i've heard this is known to happen. maybe we should report this to honda/acura for a recall? :p

really tho, i think i read it on maybe t-i or on a civic forum way back when i had one. something about the sealent getting soft/loose? :what:

kcombs

GS=goes slow
WTF!! man I hope mine doesn't do that.

now I'm going to be checking it every time I open it...lol

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
man, never seen that. im gonna check mine.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
this is the first i have heard of this happening. that sucks. now I am always going to be worried about mine.

Sammich

LIRL i think thats what happened too

GIMMIE UR HAND

I CANTTT

*DRIVES UNDER SEMI*

GRAB THE WHEEEEEEELL

DO IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

DOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOL

SORRY I LOL'D WHEN I READ THE TITLE, BUT THAT SUCKS

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
ive heard of this happening usually to cars in humid or very hot conditions. the rubber around starts getting gummy i guess and just gives to wind. sucks though i live in socal and right now its hotter than the devils dick hope it dosent happen to me.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Quit lying, you tried that after watching the fast and the furious.
You caught me.... :oops:

It was closed completely. We have been having super hot days and the temperature is not going down that much at night. I'm pretty sure its from the adhesive or sealant. That black stuff is super sticky.

The good thing is that my insurance company is covering it. Should be done this week hopefully.