Sunroof stutters & vibrates when I open it?

squirrel

My sunroof vibrates when I open it. It's like it stutters and shudders the whole time it is opening. It seems like something in the tracks is making contact and dragging. The sunroof doesn't have any problem when closing.

I tried WD40 on the entire rails, both sides. I opened it and closed it a few times, and it's not any better.

Anybody else ever have this problem? Any recommendations?

mirrorimg

Yea, wd-40 will not cut it. You need some grease...

I would use some synthetic lube. I plan on using some brake caliper lube on mine pretty soon. I cleaned the... COUGH...antizeize...COUGH that the previous owner put in there and used some lithium grease, but its not holding up well.

j13

Keep It Clean
Yeah...clean the rails with acetone and use grease..don't put a little grease though..

OLDSKOOLACURA

lithiume white grease (spelling) is what my buddy at acura told me to use for my windows. havn't had a problem since (over a year), it is messy but it works.

.Cortez

94' LS
Silacone grease will work too, the sill. will make it stick to it and not fade away quick, and the grease is good stuff.

squirrel

I will start with the silicone. I imagine the brake lube that we have will be a lot messier to clean up later.