Sunroof Won't Close

mike5000

I have a 94 Gsr. My sunroof has been on the fritz recently. It opens just fine, but it has trouble closing. At first it would close part-way then slow down. But I'd just have to hit the button 2-3 times and it would close the whole way. Now it still opens great, but really struggles to close. It will only move an inch or so then stop. And it won't close unless I sit there for 10 minutes trying the button... Today it started to rain while I was on the freeway and I was really hoping that this time it would close quickly...but of course it wouldn't. LOL. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need a new sunroof?

mirrorimg

When was the last time you cleaned out the track and put some grease in there? It sounds like it is hitting a lot of friction that is bringing it to a stop.

eiznekeM

It also sounds similar to a problem with the passenger door windows, where they go down fine but going up is really slow or they won't at all. What do you think mirrorimg?

mike5000

@Mirrorimg I'll try cleaning out the track and putting grease in. Will keep you posted....

-Mike