sunroof won't open

DAWGSwlms22

since it's finally starting to get warm out, i'm really starting to miss my sunroof. i can't figure out what's wrong with it. when you hit the switch to close it, you can hear the motor running trying to close it. however, if i try to open it, nothing happens. any thoughts on what could be wrong?

WAR 178

Premium User
did you try to use the manual option of opening it?...its going to have to be lubricated once opened.

WAR 178

Premium User
im not sure if they have the same kinday setup as the gen3...but just behind the moonroof on the ceiling you should see a lil plastic plug with a flathead screwdriver slot in it. Pry that lil cover off and there should be a mechanism to turn the moonroof manually. I forgot what I used to turn it(i think my multi-tool). It helps to have another partner to help with applying some presure to the roof while the other turns the mechanism and hits the power switch. Once opened oil the track again

DAWGSwlms22

i tried opening it manually. it didnt help at all. so i got a wire tester, and tested the wires going to the switch. only one out of four wires are getting power? i thought one wire on the open relay, and one wire on the close should be working. i may be wrong though. any advice?

dieonne97

Blown Fuses maybe? I'm not sure if there's a fuse for the sunroof or not but that's probably where I'd look first. On my DC the sunroof liked to act up at times opening sometimes and not opening sometimes. I began just forcing it to open by pushing up and at an angle on the back of the sunroof and pushing the button at the same time it worked sometimes. I also just played with the button (close to open close to open) then it would eventually open up and I'd have no problems.