Super Sexy Slammed: Helpful Hints/Tips

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I love them.
Ride is really smooth, and they can get pretty low, and the price is unbeatable...

The only bad part, was when I ordered them, they were on backorder >.<
I'll have to look into them, thanks for the info!:)

this post was made in china using Taptalk2

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I'm running racelands, for the same year civic.
Fits perfect.

My only concern is, I don't have any camber kits.
I truly want to run this setup( 16x8 ) +20 i think with 205/40's, but I don't know if I can get it to sit right without a camber kit..
Either that or 15x8+15 with 195 45's..

Coy, what offset do you run right now?
youll be fine without camber kits.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Sammich

I'm running racelands, for the same year civic.
Fits perfect.

My only concern is, I don't have any camber kits.
I truly want to run this setup( 16x8 ) +20 i think with 205/40's, but I don't know if I can get it to sit right without a camber kit..
Either that or 15x8+15 with 195 45's..

Coy, what offset do you run right now?
if you still want decent ability to get around and still tuck tire while being actually SSS...as a person running 15x8 w/ 195/45...i'd either recommend a 16x8 setup or run a 195/50 on that 15x8....my tires arent even tucked and i'm catching hell

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
if you still want decent ability to get around and still tuck tire while being actually SSS...as a person running 15x8 w/ 195/45...i'd either recommend a 16x8 setup or run a 195/50 on that 15x8....my tires arent even tucked and i'm catching hell
X2, my tires are tucked and I'm on 195/55 tires and still can still daily it with no issues other than scraping everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammich

yea when i buy a full set of new tires i'm buying 195/50 unless i'm tired of these by then, then i'll get some 16s

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
yea when i buy a full set of new tires i'm buying 195/50 unless i'm tired of these by then, then i'll get some 16s
I want to get 185/50 when I get new wheels, I feel like my car sits too high right now. And since its not fast, gotta make it up somehow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammich

you dont need 185...195 is good enough...if you want it to sit lower, just go ahead w/ 195/45...but this is what you gona have to deal w/ ...this look

my sway bar is less than 2" from teh ground, but you see the gap i have

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
you dont need 185...195 is good enough...if you want it to sit lower, just go ahead w/ 195/45...but this is what you gona have to deal w/ ...this look

my sway bar is less than 2" from teh ground, but you see the gap i have
Even with the height I'm at?? I figure i'd be on the ground with smaller tires and more adjustments to my coils.

Sammich

bro...if you see my car in real life, and see that car in person just like that...this pic makes it look 4x4, but trust it's not. you dont need 185..that's stupid, sorry, just gota be straight up about it. you need nothing less than 195. i might just get 205/50s next time around, but i'm definitely going 50 series...195 on a 15x8 is perfect for a good stretch

95TegDC4

I think I settled on 16x8 xxr 531's. with a 20 offset, and 205/45/16. Get them powdercoated a teal color, with silver lip..
With a roll and possibly a bit more on the rears, I think it should settle down fine.

Sammich

i pulled my camber kit off cuz it was squeakin all kind of obscenities w/ my OE one...now that's squeaking...cant win..just get it aligned close to specs you should be fine

itzrivera

I'm on koni/gc with off the shelf rates. I'm tucking tires, and can go lower, but I rub whenever I turn. I had it lower, but any slight turn of the steering wheel (even a slight dip in the road) would cause the tires to rub. I bottom out on the shock pretty frequently too (my bumpstops are already cut and I have extended tophats). I already rolled my fenders and bent the pinch weld in the fender. Is my only option to get stiffer spring rates?

and if yes, what would be the ideal range of rates?