Super Sexy Slammed: Helpful Hints/Tips

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i just wanna know the successful way to exit my driveway seeing as though its not wide enough for me to JDM angle it lol
when entering, pull right up the the corner of where the driveway comes down. as soon as the front wheel is next to that point, cut the wheel all the way towards the driveway. if your hardcore enough, youll 3wheel it in and the rear right tire will float over the curb. to get out, just do that in reverse.

Posted from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I always try to keep my car to the corner going straight back, and when i get enough room i cut the wheel all the way for the maximum angle. I find reversing harder than entering.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
I just got my koni/gc setup in the mail. And I also ordered some extended top hats off of ebay. Should I used the stock bump stops or use the ones that came with the top hats? Also does anyone have pictures of how the shocks and sleeves get assembled? The instructions are very confusing.

these are the top hats that I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EF-EG-EK-SI-DA-DC2-D15-D16-Purple-Coilover-Shocks-Top-Mount-Top-Hats-Strut-Tower-/380417738730?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Integra&hash=item5892aa07ea&vxp=mtr

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
us the top hat bump stop i have the same hats and the that bump stop is hard

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
us the top hat bump stop i have the same hats and the that bump stop is hard
about what length did you cut them down to? Also which way did you put them in? With the thickest part resting on the shock (same way as the top left picture)?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
just came to thought, you got the koni/GC setup. aren't the koni's thicker, you might need to bore out the shock mount bushings. I didnt cut the bump stop on mine and had the flat part on the shock body, and im using Tein Basics with them BTW.

Last edited:

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
just came to thought, you got the koni/GC setup. aren't the koni's thicker, you might need to bore out the shock mount bushings. I didnt cut the bump stop on mine, and im using Tein Basics with them.
I can slide them down the koni's no problem. I plan on cutting the bump stops since the GC instructions say to do so as well as a lot of people on here. I'm just not sure which end of the bump stop of have pointing upward towards the top hat and how much to cut off.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i hope this helps!

i left 1 ridge showing from the tophat on the bumpstops that i cut.

Sammich

when entering, pull right up the the corner of where the driveway comes down. as soon as the front wheel is next to that point, cut the wheel all the way towards the driveway. if your hardcore enough, youll 3wheel it in and the rear right tire will float over the curb. to get out, just do that in reverse.

lol man lemme tell ya...i wanna be able to fly out of my driveway w/o backing out i need other options :lol:

for real though, i cant go lower cuz of my driveway and i'm not parking on the street...too many head hunters....ill slam it for ECHM and IA

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i dont understand your question.

do you want to know how long the top hat or the bump stop is?

i just shoved the bump stop into the top hat, left 1 ridge and cut the rest off. id say about .5 - .75 of an inch thats showing.

killaberna

Ok so my front rubs like hell on this metal weld/bar thingy in the front top of my fender well. Has anyone else had this problem? What to do? You cant really bend it.
Im running a 15X6.5 rim wrapped in 205/50/15 tires. Using h&r race springs but it looks lower than most h&rs ive seen.
Heres a pic(not mine but this is the rubbing im having) with the fender plastic thingy on:

I'm having this problm too my tire rubs on this metal thing but you guys are saying to hammer it flat, Ok but which way the inside towards the springs and shocks or the outside towards the fender and tire?

Last edited:

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
i dont understand your question.

do you want to know how long the top hat or the bump stop is?

i just shoved the bump stop into the top hat, left 1 ridge and cut the rest off. id say about .5 - .75 of an inch thats showing.

sorry that was a typo, I meant to ask how long the bumpstops were after cutting

pinkley

b@115D33p
Ok so my front rubs like hell on this metal weld/bar thingy in the front top of my fender well. Has anyone else had this problem? What to do? You cant really bend it.
Im running a 15X6.5 rim wrapped in 205/50/15 tires. Using h&r race springs but it looks lower than most h&rs ive seen.
Heres a pic(not mine but this is the rubbing im having) with the fender plastic thingy on:

I'm having this problm too my tire rubs on this metal thing but you guys are saying to hammer it flat, Ok but which way the inside towards the springs and shocks or the outside towards the fender and tire?
Maybe your rubbing because your strut is missing?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician

gotta hammer it out towards the fender because if you hammer it in your upper control arm might not clear the pinch weld