supercharged teggys

scgsr01

I have a GS-R with a jackson racing supercharger with an 8 pound pully. It works great, i like it for now one day i will switch to a turbo

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Then we will have to change your user name.

gsrteggie

procharger supercharger kits r better than the vortech kits. have a front mounted intercooler and run more boost than the vortech. check out the teg kit on there website. procharger.com

tim
cincy

ltrain

i luv the vortech sc they have great dyno results and a cooling system thats not front mounted and i actually like the look of stock without the intercooler in the front (sleeper)

OrangeGsr96

hey guys i am new here. got a JRSC'ed 96 with jdm front end. i went to the drivers license to get my new plates and in-advertantly put "BLWNDC2". too my surprise it reads blowindick2 if you say it out. i decided to just get a regular plate before i really screwed my self.
peace

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I just read that because of the Vortech having a gearbox, that it can have worse lag then a larger turbo. The reason for the gearbox is that they spin 30,000 to 60,000 rpm, if it over speeds it can choke. Meaning the velocity of the air inside reaches mach speed causeing the air to stop flowing. The step up gear box will make sure that it will not spin the compressor too fast at the engines max rpm.

I learned something else.

ltrain

Ominous G2 said:
I just read that because of the Vortech having a gearbox, that it can have worse lag then a larger turbo. The reason for the gearbox is that they spin 30,000 to 60,000 rpm, if it over speeds it can choke. Meaning the velocity of the air inside reaches mach speed causeing the air to stop flowing. The step up gear box will make sure that it will not spin the compressor too fast at the engines max rpm.

I learned something else.
when u say lag, i thought sc systems dont have lag at all , and to sum it up the vortech gearbox is basically to strong?... when i was gonna go sc which will probably be years ciz im broke at the moment i was gonna get a vortech but now im debating it

ltrain

sc are feeding off the belt which is constantly spinning unlike strong exhaust flow from a turbo.. sc would have better tourque/launch because the power is always there where a turbo it dont kick in until u reach high rpm's

ps correct me if im wrong i might be