Suspension Plans

McMahon

JackTuned
I might need some help with this, but I want to redo, and just make my suspension better.

What I plan on getting:
Blox LCA's
Megan Racing Lower Tie Bar (rear)
Skunk 2 Front Upper Strut Bar

That's all I have so far, I'm very unfamiliar with suspension, what else should I get? Components for the lower front?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
adjustable rear camber kit and adjustable front upper control arms are a nice addition

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
The adjustable front UCA's are the same as the front camber kit, correct?
Camber can be adjusted by the ball joints and UCA's I believe if you have adjustable ball joints that is. I'm not 100% sure but typically for a DD a UCA is your front camber kit

mirrorimg

Yes, a front "camber kit" are front upper adjustable control arms.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The Blox LCA's and Megan lower tie bar won't do fuck-all to make your car drive any better. They're show pieces and have very little value in terms of handling. Plus as Dylan said, the Blox bushings suck major donkey penis.

First off, I'll start by saying the driver makes the biggest impact on the handling of a car. If you're interested in driving/racing, surround yourself with people who know what they're doing and learn :D

In terms of bolt-ons to help your car drive better....

My suggestion: start with some Koni yellows, Ground Control coilover sleeves, and a blox 21 mm rear sway bar. A master bushing kit and some good F/R upper strut tower braces (Carbing, Cusco, DC, Mugen) would also help by improving response. You may also want an ASR subframe brace for the sway bar.

Most importantly get yourself a good set of tires and brakes. These two items make the biggest difference on the handling of a car. Start with a set of Yokohama S.Drives and some Hawk HPS pads :thumbs up.

Alignment makes the second largest impact on handling, so make sure you get some quality camber kits. NO EBAY SHIT.

Don't over-lower it.

Function7 are the only aftermarket LCA's worth using IMO.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
The Blox LCA's and Megan lower tie bar won't do fuck-all to make your car drive any better. They're show pieces and have very little value in terms of handling. Plus as Dylan said, the Blox bushings suck major donkey penis.

First off, I'll start by saying the driver makes the biggest impact on the handling of a car. If you're interested in driving/racing, surround yourself with people who know what they're doing and learn :D

My suggestion: start with some Koni yellows, Ground Control coilover sleeves, and a blox 21 mm rear sway bar. A master bushing kit and some good F/R upper strut tower braces (Carbing, Cusco, DC, Mugen) would also help by improving response. You may also want an ASR subframe brace for the sway bar.

Most importantly get yourself a good set of tires and brakes. These two items make the biggest difference on the handling of a car. Start with a set of Yokohama S.Drives and some Hawk HPS pads :thumbs up.

Alignment makes the second largest impact on handling, so make sure you get some quality camber kits. NO EBAY SHIT.

Don't over-lower it.

his right, if its cheap its cheap for a reason, i have blox LCA's had to change the bushings in less than a year, custom installed some ES bushings(took 5 hours with a hammer and a socket), also the alignments is the #1 thing most people over look after installing camber kits and other things

Last edited:

Dubs740

Don't over-lower it.

quality post