suspension problem, need help

tegjunior

ok I am having problems with my suspension, when ever i get on the highway or go fast my steering wheel shifts to the left really quick. Does that mean that my alignment is messed up or probably a worn out CV joint?

nimf235

if when u drive and u let go of the steering wheel (not on the freeway, lol) and the car strays off to the side, then u need an alignment, if im correct. youll be able to notice when your axle is trippin, usually makes a clicking sound when u turn & youll be able to actually see that the boot is torn

nimf235

well after you replace ur axles ur supposed to get an alignment anyway.... im laggin it on my alignment, idk y... i suggest u replace ur own, its really not that hard. i had to replace both it was about 70 bucks per axle... i had called around and a shop gave me an estimate of 200... per side. so yea, just do it yourself when u do decide to get it done.

festetech

Use lots of leverage to loosen and tighten the axle nut. My new axles came with new nuts. good luck!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mjones73

Have the front end inspected, possibly some other parts worn out in it.. The rack and pinion being out of adjustment can cause the car to want to follow grooves in the road also.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
if it is your tie rods it would pull to one side all the time.
A guy i work with has a 93 civic (beater car-nothing nice) and he was forced to drive it against the divider in the highway because of a group of drivers not paying attention. he walled it at about 60 mph. since then his car would always pull way to the left whenever he would drive. one day he decided to see whats up and his inner tie rod had about 2" of play in it.

Cman46290

Have the front end inspected, possibly some other parts worn out in it.. The rack and pinion being out of adjustment can cause the car to want to follow grooves in the road also.
just out of curiousity... how would you fix this issue... i have replaced almost all front end parts.. and i still follow the grooves in the road.. or steer will jerk on occasion to follow the grooves in the road...

tegjunior

thanks man! my just grooves to the left when i go fast. so I will just replace my inner tie rods then. instead of buying to the whole steering rack.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
just out of curiousity... how would you fix this issue... i have replaced almost all front end parts.. and i still follow the grooves in the road.. or steer will jerk on occasion to follow the grooves in the road...
if you have wider tires than stock they will follow the deep grooves more than stock size. the wider the tire, the worse it is. when i had 215's on my teg it was really bad...it actually was one of many factors that caused my rack and pinion to fail while i was driving (lost power to it and all the fluid leaked out of the drivers side inner tie rod)

Cman46290

if you have wider tires than stock they will follow the deep grooves more than stock size. the wider the tire, the worse it is. when i had 215's on my teg it was really bad...it actually was one of many factors that caused my rack and pinion to fail while i was driving (lost power to it and all the fluid leaked out of the drivers side inner tie rod)
ah that could be the issue... i have 16's... and almost 200k miles on the rack itself... and my tires are 205/45r16 im pretty sure...