Suspension Project

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Sup d00ds,

Today I was replacing my brakes and I noticed that my passenger side sway bar links was detached so i figured I replace the whole thing, but as I was doing research I noticed that I can just replace the end links. Now I noticed that they have different types of bushings according to the model of your teg. I own a 97' GS, and my plans do involve adding forced inductions such as a turbo roughly around 7lbs. due to the fact that i want to keep it like a daily driver. Anywho, I decided im going to upgrade my suspension so i can have more handling. Oh and also I noticed my tire was being eaten up twards the inside of both front wheels and I've done probably two alignments in the past 5 months and I know thats not right. My sway bar being detached probably caused this right? Because both mechanics replaced bushings and I was too stupid to ask which bushings were replaced. I do remember him saying that they were worn out so it was probably not the sway.

Main questions:
1. Is it recommended to replace my stock sway bar? or can i just replace the end links?
2. Replacing my no name springs with Tein springs? (on KYB's)
3. I've heard blox lca's are lame and F7's are a lil pricey.. what would be recommended? or is F7s worth the coin?
4. Rear sway bar, I dont know the status of my current one but I'm guessing i shouldn't replace it if im not looking to do tracks any time soon.
5. What other suspentions upgrades can be done? front LCA's?

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Don't know much bout suspension so glwt, but mods really need to do something bout this troll.

Rich-PMS

I would buy the energy suspension master bushing kit

And get those no name springs off asap!

Are you even sure the mechanic replaced bushings?

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
I would buy the energy suspension master bushing kit

And get those no name springs off asap!

Are you even sure the mechanic replaced bushings?
To tell you the truth im not really sure he did. Back then I didnt know much about anything. Lately I've been doing all the work on my car myself and learning from it. And I think my springs are actual brand I remember when my friend gave them to me for my birthday he mentioned both brands. For the LCA's what would you recommend?

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
whats a good brand on end links for the front sway bar? and i noticed my tire was rubbing on the inside of my fender!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
maybe some skunks?
I Blox LCA with custom Energy Suspension Bushing and stock rear sway bar with Blox Adjustable End LInks,
it rides just fine, has been 2 years, not bad handling either, i bought the car with no sway bar and it fishtailed like a matho

Last edited:

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
I Blox LCA with custom Energy Suspension Bushing and stock rear sway bar with Blox Adjustable End LInks,
it rides just fine, has been 2 years, not bad handling either, i bought the car with no sway bar and it fishtailed like a matho

Sick. I just found out that It's my front sway bar that's popped out from the front passanger side LCA.
lol.

Does a popped out sway bar end link cause miss alignment? My tires are being wore quick from the inside on both passenger and driver side weels. I have 195/50/R15's and it looks like im still rubbing on top of the fender where it meets the front end. Would a camber kit solve this problem?

rene gonzalez

you have to much camber you have a lowering spring get rid of it be conservative when lowering dont go with a spring that will lower the car more than 1.3 inches a lowered car looks cool but too much makes it look heavy