Suspension Question/Advice

BugJuice

As of right now i have ground control sleeves with koni oranges on. The shocks are just entry level shocks and i can tell im too low for the shocks. I am not slammed though.

My goal with my car is my daily driver. I like to cruise it through the canyons in some canyon runs in the la foothills and eventually id like to try road racing it some to be dd/track.

So id like to get a better suspension set up. Considering ill bottom out some from not having stiff enough suspension.
Right now i have the regular coilovers. No custom spring rates and my sleeve will fit tokico illuminas.
I was considering getting this shock to pair with the sleeves i already have. I was also thinking about possibly getting the top hats.
What do you guys think? Will my suspension be that much stiffer with these shocks on?
I was looking at buddy clubs but those are pricey but i know there good. What are your guys thoughts in my situation. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

BugJuice

ill buy the sleeves
Im not going to sell them if there still good to used paired with something else.
Do you have extended top hats?
No but i want them.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=642/CA=73
jst get koni yellows bro that would be perfect
i have,

1020.01 1994-2001 Acura Integra Shock Type: 1 / 2 / 3 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 - Drop: .5 to 3.5 - (Limited Edition)
yellows are shock type number 4. I cant use yellow with this sleeve. :(

1 - Stock, original equipment for listed year
2 - Tokico Premium Performance (Blue)
3 - Tokico Illumina (White)
4 - Koni Sport (Yellow)
5 - Bilstein
6 - Neuspeed or HR Bilstein
7 - KYB GR2 or Gasajust
8 - KYB AGX
9 - Tokico Spec-D
10 - GAB (specify)
Koni yellows and the GC coilover sleeves work great
above
you should try stiffer springs.
Yeah i know but it kinda sucks that i already have the sleeves. Thats means id have to buy new sleeves and shock.
I think the standard rate for gc integra is f:380 r:250

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
if your planning new suspension, whats your price range? the hocks are killing you, you need yellows.. maybe try h&r sport, but even than thats a 1.7"f and 1.5" drop and that orange koni arnt rated for that kind of a drop.

you could look into function n forum types 2 or the true tested koni/gc set up.

BugJuice

if your planning new suspension, whats your price range? the hocks are killing you, you need yellows.. maybe try h&r sport, but even than thats a 1.7"f and 1.5" drop and that orange koni arnt rated for that kind of a drop.

you could look into function n forum types 2 or the true tested koni/gc set up.
I mean realistically I don't want to be spending too much. I like that I could get tokico illuminas for 488 shipped with my premium membership. I'd of course by the extended too hats. There not too expensive. I've heard good things about the illuninas. I mean I'd love to get yellows if they fit. I wish I did more research before buying...if I'd buy f2s or something in that range I'd rather just spend some more and buy some nice buddy clubs. But thoose are like over 1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
well just so you know, for $20 more you can buy Koni yellows and you can compare the buddy club and ff2.
ff2 have 32 levels of dampening adjustments, while the buddy club N spec have 15 levels of dampening. also you can buy the N spec for $909 at RoBear Racing. The N spec is perfect for auto X and road course events but is useless for DD.

BugJuice

well just so you know, for $20 more you can buy Koni yellows and you can compare the buddy club and ff2.
ff2 have 32 levels of dampening adjustments, while the buddy club N spec have 15 levels of dampening. also you can buy the N spec for $909 at RoBear Racing. The N spec is perfect for auto X and road course events but is useless for DD.
yeah i know. the yellows wont fit my sleeve. So i know they next best is tokico illuminas. trust me it would be baught by now. why useless? overkill?

BugJuice

bump. also is the stock ground control sping rate of 380/250 no even worth buying good shocks for?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
stiffer springs dont require a new sleeve, it just means you switch the springs its a ground control sleeve if you dont believe me read through my thread