suspension question

krisx13

Schweet.
hello from freezing cold canada!

I bought my 90 teg not long ago and the previous owner lowered it about an inch with some coilovers, it looks good and all but MAN the ride is so harsh, it feels like the car is going to fall apart everytime I hit a bump. What's the easiest way to soften up my ride? The shocks are about 2 years old so I don't think I need to replace those. I also have 17" low profile tires on it which I'm sure doesn't help at all, I plan on selling them in the spring and getting some 15s thrown on it. I don't know anything about suspension lol any help would be awesome, thanks

rockadilla

thats right.
do u know what suspension its on? dampening could be the problem, or it could just be the low-pro tires or maybe the springs are really stiff

DiegoDA

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR TWO years now i have tried everything replaced everything new putting springs intsead of coilovers helps a little n getting 15n rotas wit the thick tire will to but it still happens time to time its the upper control arms the hit really hard i was thinking of getting the tein sus with the adjus damp n hieght to see if dat works if not den i guess thats the way DA ARE SUPPOSED TO FEEL

krisx13

Schweet.
do u know what suspension its on? dampening could be the problem, or it could just be the low-pro tires or maybe the springs are really stiff
all i know is that the struts are Monroe sens-a-track...my dad knows a thing or two about suspension, not much though, he has a feeling that only the coils need to be replaced but we're not sure

krisx13

Schweet.
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR TWO years now i have tried everything replaced everything new putting springs intsead of coilovers helps a little n getting 15n rotas wit the thick tire will to but it still happens time to time its the upper control arms the hit really hard i was thinking of getting the tein sus with the adjus damp n hieght to see if dat works if not den i guess thats the way DA ARE SUPPOSED TO FEEL
wow that really sucks...Tein is nice, too bad I can't afford it lol, that system would cost just as much as I paid for my whole car (not really worth it in my opinion). My boyfriend has a 92 LS and his rides so much better although it is stock suspension so I'm hoping I can change mine to be a bit better.