Suspension questions

Thekris

I just lowered my car 3 inches. My rear tires are tucking now. How do I know if they are rubbing. I can't really feeel them when i drive but they look like they would be. Is this bad, do I need to roll the fenders or not and how exactly do you do that? And also, when should I get an alignment, right away or in a week or two or do I not need one. Im new to all this stuff so be gentle.

Theasian

look for sighns on the wheels where they have been getting cut up and look at the wheel well themselves for clean metal thats looks like its been rubbed on. You will hear it rubbing though

Joshmmc

You're more likely to rub with your front wheels because as you turn, you get even less clearance. Roll down your window while you're driving around and listen for it.

Thekris

alright, Ill try that tomorrow. Can someone answer the other ?s too

Joshmmc

You can purchase or borrow a fender rolling tool, or you can use a heat gun to soften the inside of the fenders and then you can fold them with a mallet.

You probably won't need an alignment.

Theasian

You may need to roll your fenders but you still have to look for signs that their rubbing. I would get a alignment as soon as you can to save the tires. Most of your tire ware come from improper toe when the car is lowered.

Their is a huge thread going on on H-T about it. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449

Ive been lowered and raised for 4 years now and have had only marginal inside tire ware because I always realign my car after each change. And i have been slammed on my nuts as low as i can safely go with my exhaust. Low enough where i couldnt fit a pack of cigs on its side under the front lip.