Suspension repair help needed.

flipdan92

Hi, I'm new here and I am looking for some help. I reside in Irvine, CA and I have done something horrible to my teggy.

Here is what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfdYDMyqKU&feature=g-upl&context=G2ba80f6AUAAAAAAAAAA

BTW, if there is something else wrong that you guys see that I do not, please let me know.
Suspension is messed up and I need to fix it ASAP. But I don't know what to do. I have 2 options.

1. Pay more by getting it towed from my house to the mechanic and getting everything fixed.
2. Buy tools and stay in the garage and do everything myself.

What's the better choice?

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Hi, I'm new here and I am looking for some help. I reside in Irvine, CA and I have done something horrible to my teggy.

Here is what happened: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfdYDMyqKU"][/YOUTUBE]

BTW, if there is something else wrong that you guys see that I do not, please let me know.
Suspension is messed up and I need to fix it ASAP. But I don't know what to do. I have 2 options.

1. Pay more by getting it towed from my house to the mechanic and getting everything fixed.
2. Buy tools and stay in the garage and do everything myself.

What's the better choice?

I see nothing wrong according to what you posted but you have done something horrible to your teggy. Whatd you do, touch it in its special place, put something where it doesnt belong? Is she under 18?!

If you can repair it yourself and its worth your time to do it, then that is your choice. If you can not then you have only one other option.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont see anything wrong. You just need a camber kit. A big one.

Dude you f***ed your subframe. lol I dont know whether that requires rewelding a subframe or whatever.. someone else will have to chime in there. At first i thought it was just the bent lca.. i was like just do that yourself. I dont think so tim. Get a body shop quote.

Drifting is for rwd. No curb kissing. ^^

flipdan92

i wasnt trying to drift at all. lol. i was in the mall area and i forgot how slippery the road was and turned a corner quick and my back just drifted away from my control. lol I'm getting the FR-S soon but I need to get this fixed though.

So what parts are broken?
Lower control arm (rear left)
Bushing for trail arm (rear left)
Subframe
Control arm ball joint (front right)

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
There could be other things bent that you cannot see easily. If lets say the ony things wrong are the ones u listed then you could fix everything but the subframe. If you know what youre doing first of all. From there refer to my suggestion in my first reply. Imo, you have to have a body shop quote you for subframe repair if thats possible. Again i dont know how subframe damage is dealth with. Gewgle it.

flipdan92

what's gonna suck is towing it to the shops. -_-'

johnnymass

I didnt watch the video, but from the replies, you can replace the subframe. But with the amount of work involved, you should do it yourself or have stack of cash to pay a shop to do.

I would however bet the the knuckle, lca, uca, or even steering rack/tie rods bent before the subframe bent. The subframe cradle most likely shifted tho.

flipdan92

Can you watch the video for me please? Maybe you can find something wrong that I didn't. That would really help a lot.

cody1018

Personally I would just replace the subframe. You did quite a number on it and its going to probably be more work/hassle repairing it then just getting a new one. If you intend on trying to keep it, it would probably be better as a parts car then a daily driver once again.

phinattic

Your sub frame is toast. It might be possible to fix it but if your going to keep the car I would have a qualified body shop replace the sub frame.