suspension

the4doorway

im wanting to upgrade the suspension on my 99 gsr sedan. its a daily so i dont want to slam it maybe lower an inch or 2 and have been searching around. recommendations would be nice. i have been looking at skunk2 springs but are too expensive and i dont want to spend too much (1k+) because there needs to be money for a swap later. i found one set on ebay that i thought looked good its a dme/dna brand was wondering on opinions on this brand but again it doesnt have to be now just would like to get the parts before the next of the year. thanks for looking and giving your opinion

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Form and Functions (coilovers) are supposedly amazing. i have Skunk2 Pro-S coilovers on my car and i love them but, if you dont like bumpy you wont like them

the4doorway

okay ill have to check those out but im wanting something that wont bounce the crap out of me while im on the highway. and how hard was it to install your pro-s coilovers?

ryanDC

i have function and forms, i feel every bump on the road. drives good tho

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Look for Tein S-tech's then. or some spring/strut combination, coilovers generally provide a stiffer ride.

the4doorway

well stiff isnt really a problem i just dont wanna bounce all the time i also heard ground controls were good

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Bounce all the time? That depends on the roads where you live/drive more than your setup..
Mine isn't bad all the time but, it is nice and stiff

the4doorway

well the roads arent the best but are slowly getting replaced year by year. but now that ive been looking at the ground controls they look like a good deal at 315

Joshmmc

The GC coilovers aren't coilovers, they're coilover sleeves. Ground Control doesn't make full coilovers, just the springs and adjustable sleeves.

For some reason people always abbreviate GC's and call them coilovers when they're actually coilover sleeves and it's totally confusing.

If you go with GC's, you need to pick out an appropriate shock to go with them. Popular choices are Koni Yellows, Tokico Illuminas, and KYB AGX shocks.

By the time you've got the shocks to go with the GC's, they won't really be any cheaper than a set of ordinary coilovers, so it's your call.

Aznxtasy

IMO I just did the Koni Yellow/GC Combo on my teggy. Here's my advice on it.

-If you're gonna do it, get the extended tophats too to help improve shock travel

-Get the appropriate sleeve to go with your shock (Ie, Koni GC Sleeve/Tokico/ etc)

-You'll get adjustable damper from the track- date night drives

-Also you have the option of getting custom spring rates from GC, so.. it has good variability in the way you like to drive.

I just have the stock springs GC gave me in box. For a daily driver its good enough for the time being. I've tried stiff damper and it handles pretty decent. Overall on DD mode its pretty smooth and you can get pretty slammed. So its got good options.

Full Coilovers are great for handling. A tad stiffer, with better suspension travel since its height adjustable within the damper.

Really up to you dude.

the4doorway

thanks and im probably just going to keep looking around cause i dont have any time limit besides snow here could mean no car if i lower it and i need a swap bad i got 228k on the engine and i kick in that vtec everyday its addicting