Suspensions buffs, need some HELP!

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
ok so i wanna start building a pretty solid (but streetable) suspension. Im lookin at RLCAs, Subframes, sway bars, coilovers, everything. Im wanting something that will be solid at the track, and streetable, so nothing over aggresive just yet. Websites, brands, and just a general opinion on what is good.....also, nothing terribly expensive, im lookin for good brands....but i dont need coilovers that cost as much as my car. :lol:

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
I already got tires situated, i heard good things about the rt-615, so thats gonna be my tire of choice.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My recommendation:

RLCAs - Function 7
Rear subframe reinforcement brace - ASR
Rear sway bar - ASR
Front sway bar - ITR

For the coilovers, do you want non-adjustable or adjustable dampening?

Are you planning to get a front/rear strut bar, b-pillar, or c-pillar bar? How about lower arm bars?

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
My recommendation:

RLCAs - Function 7
Rear subframe reinforcement brace - ASR
Rear sway bar - ASR
Front sway bar - ITR

For the coilovers, do you want non-adjustable or adjustable dampening?

Are you planning to get a front/rear strut bar, b-pillar, or c-pillar bar? How about lower arm bars?
i got a miracle x-brace for the rear already, gonna probably get a benen 3pt strut bar for the front.....adjustable dampening is cool, but not a necessity. I know its good to have to adjust stiffness and what not, but the more adjustability the higher the price. So i leave that up to personal preference on my half. Another question, what is a good size sway bar to run....i know the ITR is what, like a 19mm??? what size would be suitable for what i am wanting???

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Coilovers are going to depend very heavily upon your budget.

I would step up to something bigger than an ITR rear bar for autoX. Progress has an adjustable 24mm rear bar for a fair price.

I wouldn't worry so much about LCA's. Get adjustable upper control arms first. They are more functional, they do more than sit there and look pretty. The superior adjustability of something like the Progress rear sway bar will eliminate the need for the different LCA sway bar mounting holes.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i got a miracle x-brace for the rear already, gonna probably get a benen 3pt strut bar for the front.....adjustable dampening is cool, but not a necessity. I know its good to have to adjust stiffness and what not, but the more adjustability the higher the price. So i leave that up to personal preference on my half. Another question, what is a good size sway bar to run....i know the ITR is what, like a 19mm??? what size would be suitable for what i am wanting???
Since you're saying that you don't need adjustabilty, then I recommend the Omni-Power Sport full coilovers. I believe the spring rates are 12K-front and 10K-rear. That should be perfect for auto-x. Which sway bar are you talking about? If you're talking about the rear, then 24mm should be just fine. The ASR is 24mm and adjustable.

Im goin more for auto x rather than road course....if that makes any difference......
The suggestions Kyle and I are saying suitable for auto-x.

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
ok so i wanna start building a pretty solid (but streetable) suspension. Im lookin at RLCAs, Subframes, sway bars, coilovers, everything. Im wanting something that will be solid at the track, and streetable, so nothing over aggresive just yet. Websites, brands, and just a general opinion on what is good.....also, nothing terribly expensive, im lookin for good brands....but i dont need coilovers that cost as much as my car. :lol:
you should check out the crazy clean suspension theard that should help a little too8)

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
alright thanks for the help, ive decided on a few things im goin with

Function & Form Type 1 coilovers
Function 7 LCAs
ASR subframe brace
ASR 24mm swaybar
benen lower tie bar
Benen 3pt front strut bar

all that paired up with my miracle x brace.....should be a good set up.

Last edited:

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
ill work on the front set up after i get the rear situated, probably go with a type r sway bar up front...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
alright thanks for the help, ive decided on a few things im goin with

Function & Form Type 1 coilovers
Function 7 LCAs
ASR subframe brace
ASR 24mm swaybar
benen lower tie bar
Benen 3pt front strut bar

all that paired up with my miracle x brace.....should be a good set up.
Why go with Benen for the front strut tower bar and lower arm bar?

ill work on the front set up after i get the rear situated, probably go with a type r sway bar up front...
Exactly how I did it. Rear first, then the front.