Swap help? ):

TunersRule

I was curious to see if you could do a third gen swap into a second?
As in a b18c5 (Type R with tranny) into a 93 model?

mirrorimg

Direct bolt in, just need a VTEC ECU and to run a wire to enable VTEC.

If you had a 90-91, you would need a cable to hydro transmission conversion, but you luckiliy do not.

DumaDa9

yeah the 92-93 models are still cable transmissions...

hondaguy99

While we are on swap talk. I assume its been done, where can i find info on taking a 95 special edition engine and transmission and swaping it to a 93 ls special body?

Know most people would rather keep the 95, but i like cleaner 93 better. :)

mirrorimg

yeah the 92-93 models are still cable transmissions...
And now I know.

While we are on swap talk. I assume its been done, where can i find info on taking a 95 special edition engine and transmission and swaping it to a 93 ls special body?

Know most people would rather keep the 95, but i like cleaner 93 better. :)
The motors are the same, drop and go. The 94+ use a hydro transmission, while the 90-93 apparently all use cable transmissions. You would need a cable to hydro conversion.

Zero Fighter

MAKE'em SAY UUUHHhhhhh...
Where would i find a conversion kit or such? thanks
Just use your cable tranny. In the mean time do reviews on the current market for the conversion kits. see wich one is best for your liking. keep in mind that all reviews are in people opinion and they reflect on their driving style toward that product. IMO

hondaguy99

You said to use the cable transmission, but 5th gear and clutch are bad on cable transmission. Just replaced clutch on hydolic one with stage 3.

Was hoping to just drop in both motor and hydrolic transmission from the 95 to 93. Possible, and still a drop and go? thanks

Alvi84

You said to use the cable transmission, but 5th gear and clutch are bad on cable transmission. Just replaced clutch on hydolic one with stage 3.

Was hoping to just drop in both motor and hydrolic transmission from the 95 to 93. Possible, and still a drop and go? thanks

Why does everyone drop in stage 2 and stage 3 clutches? Ask yourself how much torque you have. If you are sub 200 hp to the wheels you will not need a stage 2 or stage 3 clutch. Stage 1 aftermarket clutches are aggressive enough for all sub 200hp honda motors. You most likely will have clutch chatter when using a stage 2 and will prematurely wear out your clutch time and time again.