Swap Opinions Please Help

ReSpEcT954

Enemy Of The State
Ok here is my dilema.....I have a friend who is selling a SIR2 B16A which comes with 170hp stock....Yes I am aware of the lower torque that the b16 has but i have a bone stock LS and im tired of not having vtec.....His motor is the Jdm b16a 2nd gen so far it has type r cams...dc sports headers....fuel pressure regulator...aem cam gears....chipped computer....intake.. and a couple more small things i cant remember.He takes VERY VERY good care of the motor Ive seen him beat GSRs EASY!! howere the motor is in his 2 door CIVIC! due to the fact me and him have been friends for so long he is going to give me the motor for $1000. Hes giving me axels....motor tranny....ecu....vtec wire harness...EVERYTHING.....he is going K! now i feel for 1000 you cant beat that....i am also not trying to build a track car i just want a nice motor that has vtec....that i cant have fun with from time to time when im on the road and some pulls up next to me....I never race from a dig....most of my races are on the road doing a roll....so if i raced liked that should torque matter that much? I plan on selling my motor and transmission for $800 I have an LS engine and tranny perfect!! no leaks no nothing...I just want a couple opinions on....How would my performance be with that b16a in my car 2nd gen... and before you guys mention Ls/vtec....I will say i dont have the money to build a block to make it safe without messing up in 2 months! And i was going to do a GSR block however I can not find one so i am stuck with that so please consider everything i have mentioned in here before critisizim comes about.

ReSpEcT954

Enemy Of The State
That is exactly what I was saying....The price is just to hard to pass up.

95GSR21

yeah id pick it up..i know a guy selling the same motor for 3500..you could sell it and probably buy a nice gsr engine, if you dont like it that is

ReSpEcT954

Enemy Of The State
Cool! do you guys think it will harm my performance or would my car be a little quicker.... i Know i will lose torque but as ive stated i do races from a roll....so how would my overall performance be?

ReSpEcT954

Enemy Of The State
do any of you have feedback on if the swap is worth it...? will my car become slower.....or should it be something i can have fun with?