swap suggestions

What build should I go with

• Total voters

built_ls

I need to rebuild my ls head and a new clutch. But I'm like F that I'll just do a swap. What do you guys think I should do?

These are the three options I'm looking at from Hmotorsonline. (click on the links)

Link: complete gsr swap

Link: complete k swap

Link gsr long block and i would use my ls tranny (I have LSD) and I would just get a new clutch

Last edited:

Kyle

LS tranny with B18C engine. Find a B16 gear set and swap them in and keep your 5th gear if your concerned with shorter gear ratios. GSR tranny rations are not that much less than LS Trannys. Not to mention a K swap is gonna cost a hell of alot more for all the required mounts, wiring harnesses, etc. H22 is always an option.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Keep your ls trans how it is and swap your motor for the gsr long block. That's what I did. I have a b17 gsr linked to a 90-91 ls cable trans. Back when I street raced, it would walk my friends 2000 gsr from a 20,40 & 60 mph rolling start. And that was me shifting @ 7000-7300. It's even worse at the track, I pulled better times than this kids rsx, and he knew how to drive. He ran 17.5 and I ran 17.0. Keep in mind the track is at ~6000ft so the times are slow due to thinner air. But you get the point. Ls trans ftmfw!!!

(ps, I don't condone, encourage or support street racing, this was just used as an example, from a time when I was immature, arrogant, and ignorant to the true dangers of the activity. Please keep all racing at the track)

built_ls

Keep your ls trans how it is and swap your motor for the gsr long block. That's what I did. I have a b17 gsr linked to a 90-91 ls cable trans. Back when I street raced, it would walk my friends 2000 gsr from a 20,40 & 60 mph rolling start. And that was me shifting @ 7000-7300. It's even worse at the track, I pulled better times than this, and he knew how to drive. He ran 17.5 and I ran 17.0. Keep in mind the track is at ~6000ft so the times are slow due to thinner air. But you get the point. Ls trans ftmfw!!!
Thanks for the imput. makes sense. I need a new clutch though

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Since money is an issue, getting a complete GS-R swap would be the best option for you.

built_ls

The Question I have is, with the the k20a2 complete changeover what else will I need? Like what other parts will I have to get that will cause the price to go up?

Because it says:
* If you need a motor mount kit for your 1992-2000 civic or 94-01 Integra, we can supply you with the Hasport EGK1, EKK1, EKK2 kit for $425. The Hasport Axle kit runs $250. Other Kits Also Available Please inquire.

Kyle

The Question I have is, with the the k20a2 complete changeover what else will I need? Like what other parts will I have to get that will cause the price to go up?

Because it says:
Honda tuning did an article on it. It has alot of parts and is expensive. Why havn't you ruled out an H series? I never understood why people don't ever consider these engines.

built_ls

so i've been email a guy from Hybrid Racing. He says if i by the k20a2 from hmotors. i will need another 3k in parts from them. Its not worth it so k seap is out of the question.

Looks like imma go with the gsr swap. or a b18c5