Swapping a B18b1 in a 92 ls

sportsma1539

How to swap in a B18b1 in a 92 ls

I found an engine from a 95 integra to put in my 92 with a blown motor. Is it as easy as putting the b18b1 in and bolting everything up to it??? Does the ECU need to be changed??? 92 axles work with it?? Any special wiring?? I'm new to integras and cant seem to figure how to use the search feature on this forum. Its different than what im used to. Thanks guys

Last edited:

amaestre32

I think everything is different but im pretty sure it will bolt in you just need a different ecu..im not sure so do some research..ps use a better thread title to get more people to answer because honesly i thought that this was a thead about swaping it in not how to swap it in..

sportsma1539

ive done a little googling and I think everything will work. But I'm not sure about the ecu. There are some differences in the specs but they are very subtle differences but I would think I would need an ecu. I think the redline is different on it.

amaestre32

yeah thats what ive found too..what are you doing with the blown motor?

sportsma1539

oh, and I will also have to use my current valve cover, valve cover studs and bolts, distributor, header, alternator, power steering pump. Do all of these fit directly on to the b18b1??

amaestre32

where do you live? and im pretty sure all of that will bolt on what engine do you have now the b18 ls ?

sportsma1539

lol yeah thats for sure..nvm what engine was in your 92 teg?
the b18a1. BTW... i did put an engine in a 94 accord a few years ago but I just wanna make sure I'm not forgetting anything as far as pulling the engine out... Unbolt the exhaust, remove radiator, remove the cv axles from the trannny, unplug all the electrical connectors and vacuum lines, unbolt the fuel lines, unbolt the shift linkage and throttle linkage, unbolt the alternator, a/c compressor and power steering, and last unbolt the motor mounts while being supported by the engine hoist. Is there anything specific about integras that you have to unbolt the pull the engine? Am i forgetting anything?? Thanks

sportsma1539

i started taking apart the car today. I got everything done except for unbolting the shift cables and taking out what i think is the speed sensor. Do the shift cables need to be unbolted where the shifter is also??? How do you go about unhooking the speed sensor or whatever it is that is going into the tranny on the passengers side of the engine bay?? It has two hoses coming out of it which i pulled off but it has another part going into the tranny. Thanks

Oh yea, also I will be parting out alot of the parts on the engine such as the intake manifold, alternator(has one on the new engine), oil pan ect... Let me know what parts you may wanna buy. I will be willing to ship these items too. I will not be selling the valve cover or distrubutor or header. I might have an a/c compressor also, I'll have to see when I get the engine tomorrow.

Last edited: