sway bar - subframe brace???

HawaiiImport

She got it!
Ok so I've been working on getting all the things possible I need to do a good suspension. So far I have just gotten some Koni yellows, GC coilovers, Blox LCA and I Benen Tie bar. I just started collection parts and havent put any of these parts on yet. I went to order the Sway Bar last night but read a lot of negative news on this sway bar so decided not to order. Its 21mm and the ITR is 23mm. ANYWAY, does anyone know what the best setup for this is? Im planning on going with a ASR subframe brace. And was wondering what the difference was between adjustable end links and nonadjustable end links? Which is better??? Lots of stuff Im reading says to stick with stock....uhhhhh....Im trying to upgrade and get a better ride! :what:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i run the following
Function 7 Spherical Bushing LCA (Race Only)
ASR Subframe Brace
Skunk2 22mm Sway Bar
Blox Adjustable End lInks
Benin Tie bar

i like adjustable endlinks because i can change the settings on my lca. since you have a blox LCA you should get Blox endlinks IMO, because after a year you will upgrade from blox lcas 100% guarantee and most likely you will get function7 or skunk2 LCAs

HawaiiImport

She got it!
what are you running it on? and how come you say that about the blox lca? is there that much of a difference, honestly...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
im running it on an integra............? idk what you mean by that...its a track car yes....and yeah im drawing a blank sorry. and yes there is a difference between blox lcas and other companies hence the price difference. blox LCAs are 100 while skunk2 is about 200$ and my function 7s are $300 (the ones you see on our site sponsors and weak sauce are not the ones i have) they are made with higher quality bushings (spherical being the best IMO) and higher quality metals. i ripped my blox bushings in a 6 months

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Since you're planning on getting the ASR rear subframe reinforcement brace, you might as well get the ASR 24mm rear sway bar too. Having adjustable end links will allow you to adjust the stiffness of the rear sway bar. The ASR end links have 3 levels of stiffnes. Soft, medium, and hard. From what I've gathered, the lowest setting is similar to stock. The medium setting is stiffer than stock and the last setting is pretty stiff. I wouldn't recommend the stiffest setting for street use unless you know that you can handle the rear just in case it breaks out.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Since you're planning on getting the ASR rear subframe reinforcement brace, you might as well get the ASR 24mm rear sway bar too. Having adjustable end links will allow you to adjust the stiffness of the rear sway bar. The ASR end links have 3 levels of stiffnes. Soft, medium, and hard. From what I've gathered, the lowest setting is similar to stock. The medium setting is stiffer than stock and the last setting is pretty stiff. I wouldn't recommend the stiffest setting for street use unless you know that you can handle the rear just in case it breaks out.
arent those adjustments made on the LCA? the endlinks can only be longer or shorter to reach your LCA

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
black asr brace
oem usdm itr sway
skunk 2 lower control arms
beaks lower tie bar

HawaiiImport

She got it!
I like what you are saying JDMxDB8. Ive been doing research all day...seems like the ASR 24mm sway and subframe combo is the best way to go but i just want it all to work with the blox LCA. Im not really sure about the adjustment made on the LCA???

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
So im reading this thread as help since I am about to buy my LCA, lower tie bar, and brace. Am I going to need an ASR Subframe Brace LCA Bolt & Spacer if I plan on doing lets say a Beaks lower tie bar? Its on JHP usa and says that it provides clearance for the addition of a lower tie bar. Also is it tru that the ASR 24mm sway and subframe combo is the best way to go and then I could add skunk lca's and a Beaks lower arm bar with the spacer (as stated above if needed) ?

Hoplias

Here is my set up
ASR center brace
ASR 24 MM SWAY BAR
Skunk2 control arms
ASR Adjust sway bar ends
Blox adjust toe bars
Blox spherical swing arm bearing
Beaks bar
I do say get the ASR sway and support bar .Quality is top and they are made for each other .Blox makes some good stuff but some of the stuff they make is not too good but they are getting much better .I like Skunk2 parts alot too ,very good quality and would say to upgrade to those over the blox .The biggest mistake some do is to go too low .If you want good performance a car cannot be slammed .
The Beaks will fit with ASR no modification but only the beaks .Blackworks and benen will not work withall the ASR braces .

Last edited:

jaylin

You can measure it pretty easily with most any means.
Got a 19mm wrench? Does it fit over the bar?
As far as the brace goes, anything is better than nothing, but nothing isn't all that bad, either.
If the bar is the right shape for the car, there is not much reason to worry about the sheetmetal IMO.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Anyone running the Blackworks subframe brace? I saw they were on sale at Tunersports and was debating getting one, wanted to see what sway bars people were running with them...