Switching between regular and premium..

crash.1340

thats the thing it doesnt say premium, its nonvtec, so wondered if my injectors were screwed with premium.. as i said earlier
Running different grades of gasoline won't harm your injectors. Also, running premium in a car that doesn't require it won't make any noticeable difference unless your car isn't running right to begin with. I personally use premium in my LS because higher grades generally use better detergents, and more of them.

Jeffbel

I notice it in my idle. Could just be mental though, since I can hardly remember when I don't put non-premium in it. I just like to be nice, gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling when I drive it. THEN its starts to knock so adios dc4, Hello dc2

96GSRteg

Tyler
Running different grades of gasoline won't harm your injectors. Also, running premium in a car that doesn't require it won't make any noticeable difference unless your car isn't running right to begin with. I personally use premium in my LS because higher grades generally use better detergents, and more of them.
I think detergent levels have to do with the station selling it. Places like shell and chevron have higher levels than arco or safeway gas. But putting premium in your b18b1 will not benefit you.

If Honda thought you needed it, it would say so on your speedo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

grayghost

It says to use a minimum of 86 octane, not premium. I was like "Wait, at one point in time 86 octane was the premium?!" I didn't even catch that you said 2000. Anyways.

Non-vTec = 86 octane, not a problem because I think the lowest sold is 87.
vTec = 91 octane.
Actually 86 octane was never premium. Long ago and in a galaxy far far away we ran 98 octane as premium and if we had heavily modified our motors, 125 octane aviation fuel.

grayghost

I have always avoided running anything less than the octane specified for any of the cars I have owned over the years. Current price spread in Georgia between regular and premiium is $0.30 per gallon. With our twelve gallon tanks that works out to $3.60 per fill up. That is too little money to risk the damage from engine knock in my GSR. At 220,000 miles it has never had less than 93 octane.

Cman46290

I have always avoided running anything less than the octane specified for any of the cars I have owned over the years. Current price spread in Georgia between regular and premiium is $0.30 per gallon. With our twelve gallon tanks that works out to $3.60 per fill up. That is too little money to risk the damage from engine knock in my GSR. At 220,000 miles it has never had less than 93 octane.
^^ This.

If you are that EFFIN cheap to put regular 87 octane into your GSR instead of premium to save less than $5 per fill up... then sell your GSR to someone who will treat it right... and buy an LS... nuff said. :thumbs up

Teggy64

Got vtec?
I know i dont havta put premium in my teg, but I do anyway because I baby my car and I wanna give it the best. Besides I'll havta put premium in it anyway once i do a gsr swap in a year or so.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Out here in Colorado, our grades are as follows:

Regular:85
Mid:87
Premium:91

I absolutely hate that I can't get 93 like I could in my beloved Portland, OR

mjones73

I know i dont havta put premium in my teg, but I do anyway because I baby my car and I wanna give it the best. Besides I'll havta put premium in it anyway once i do a gsr swap in a year or so.
Putting premium in your car is doing zero for it to baby it.

Cman46290

St Louis gas is as follows... All i use is shell v-power...

Reg-87
Mid-89
Premium-93 (some only sell 91 for premium... but i dont use these janky places anyways)

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Putting premium in your car is doing zero for it to baby it.
From what I understand, the premium fuels at top tier stations contain less ethanol than lower grades.. So if that's correct, then actually it is better for your car. Being that older cars like mine aren't exactly ethanol friendly. Please correct any incorrect information, as this is just something that I picked up from an old friend. That being said, I have a gsr swap, so I only run top tier premium anyway.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Can't believe people still say to "sell your car if you dont want to put the 'right' gas in..." People are trying to save money, even if its just a few dollars, dont be a douche. If you have a GSR, put in premium because you get slightly better fuel economy which in the end is about the same cost as putting in regular.
Put in Regular gas if your car is non-vtec, no reason in paying more.
I do suggest throwing in a can of fuel system cleaner every couple years or so after the winter fuel blend ends around spring time. Ask your fuel attendant when they switch.
- Aaron

Baby Ollie

Pokemon Master
Actually 86 octane was never premium. Long ago and in a galaxy far far away we ran 98 octane as premium and if we had heavily modified our motors, 125 octane aviation fuel.
That was long ago. The aviation industry uses 100LL for Avgas right now, and even that will be going away soon if the EPA has their way.