Tail light issue

RED Integra

Problem: my left brake light turns off when I step on the brakes. The others (spoiler, right brake light) works just fine. Changed the left bulb today and still the same problem. Not sure what's it called but the light behind the rear windshield of my spoiler isn't working not sure if it ever did LOL I'm sure it did. I want all my lights to b working any1 know what's wrong? And how to fix?

mjones73

The wiring harness comes off the tail light, you can repair or replace just it. You may need to remove the tail light from the car to get full access to it.

RED Integra

I'll c if I can repair it (free!!!) but if not how much would that cost? Can I buy it from any parts store or has to b at a japanese auto parts store?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
you can buy one at a junkyard, there should be a little connector and some wires, just replacing the wires would be easiest, and to fix it would be just be a matter of splicing the wires back together and covering them up with some heat shrink wire covers

actually i have one i can sell you if you want it, PM me if your interested

seahtech

Your wires are crossed and or you have bare wires that have rubbed up against each other and causing a short-to-ground while your not stepping on the brakes. Remove the rear interior panel and inspect them.

Teg_2000

Had the same problem,remove the brake socket from the plastic housing and install a ground wire from any screw in the trunk to the metal socket where the 1157 lamp is and presto light works now .I had the trouble and welded a wire direct to a good ground.Acura wanted 145$ for a new harness, and a week later my other brake light had the same trouble