taking off brake line protector

teg_your_it

does anyone know how to take off the brake line protector on the bottom of the car?

there are what looks like a couple of sliding flat metal peices bolted down that is holding the bracket.

i tried hammering the metal peice out nothing won't budge. is that what is holding the bracket down?

thanks.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
There are 3 or 4 bolts that hold the shield onto the bottom of the car, one of them is near the bottom of the firewall and not too easy to see. They should be to the side of the plastic shield.

teg_your_it

yea i know there are bolts but are they the only thing that are holding the protector? i try to slide them out but seems like it glued to the protector.

and another thing. if you replace both brake lines from front to back, do you have to remove or lower the gas tank?

thanks again.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
To completely remove the brake lines you probably have to remove or lower the gas tank, you might be able to wiggle the brake lines out without moving the gas tank but it would be pretty tough. I think the plastic pieces are also held on by clips which attach to the brake lines, similar to the clip that holds the hood rod in place.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
The subframe is part of the chassis... Dunno how you'd remove it. There's just a couple bolts in back and the cover just comes right off with them

teg_your_it

ooooo. that doesn't sound too bad. im trying to remove and replace all 5 lines going to the back. so i guess i have to learn how to do this along removing the gas tank as well.
thanks.