Tam's Progress Thread

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
pulled the motor couple weeks ago
getting it .20mm overbore and rebuilding it with oem .20mm oversize pistons, new rods, and Clevite bearings

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
sorry man that was me being a real ashsole and assuming things again sorry didnt mean to offend you
np dude. TAM is my initials hehe

Where's my update? Huh? HUH?!!
Traitor.

<3
heres you damn update! :lol:

dropped the block, head, crank, and flywheel off at the the machine shop last week

Block: resurface and .25 overbore

Head: checking if the valves are bent, a lifter was lating in my head after my motor was knocking. but its still good

Crank: getting polished

Flywheel: getting turned

Total is about 350

also ordered most of my parts last night that i will need

PISTON SET (OVER SIZE) (0.25)
RING SET, PISTON (OVER SIZE) (0.25) (TEIKOKU)
WASHER SET, THRUST (TAIHO)
PIN, PISTON 13210-PR4-A00 ROD, CONNECTING
BOLT, CONNECTING ROD
NUT, CONNECTING ROD
OIL SEAL (80X100X10) (NOK)
STRAINER, OIL
OIL SEAL (38X50X7.4) (NOK)
BEARING, CLUTCH PILOT (NTN)
NUT, SELF-LOCK (8MM)
GASKET, OIL STRAINER
TENSIONER, TIMING BELT (KOYO SEIKO)

all i have left to order are some clevite rod and main bearings and a GE or Cometic HG

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
haha thanks!
its taking super long for me to get the cash together to order my pistons, since oem stuff turned out to be more expensive than i thought my parts list has expanded! haha

81.5mm 9.9:1 Arias Pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP Rod bolts
Cometic HG
new intercooler (jayjay has that hook up ;) )

so needless to say I'm going to put those parts to use and up my power goal, I'm shooting for a modest 320 to the wheel, it will be a fun daily/ occasional track day car

the block is STILL sitting at the machine shop... yeah....they want the pistons before they bore it so it can be perfect, so hopefully i can order them next week!

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
At least boring the block doesn't take long. Are they assembling the whole engine for you?
I need to get my engine hot tanked lol, i'm waiting on my paycheck(s) this week.