tech Question

uso_Dc

i bought my 98 db7 and upon purchasing for the price i figured i was goin to have some probs since i got a good deal.

well my driver side wheel bearing was goin bad and took it to the machine shop to get pressed out and replaced and they told me the whole knuckle was bad. anyways looked around and every junkyard i see that has them sells them for about $100

My question is there a difference from the 94-97, to the 98-01 knuckles and also if theres a difference between the DB and the DC knuckles..

problem im having is the angle from the one i got from the junkyard is way off and everything lines up its just the knuckle seems to have a different mold to it. BCuz i took my car in for alignment after putting the other knuckle on and got the toe to line up but my camber is sooooo off its not even funny.

Passenger side could not adjust camber all the way because the driver side was maxed out and the camber is at -4 Degrees. so the pass. side is at -3.5 degrees. and the pass side isnt maxed out. thats why i think that there is a difference between the 2 years or there might be a difference between db and dc.

if anyone can do research and find out for me that would be cool because ive been looking and cant find anything that relates the 2.

uso_Dc

then why did the one i get is different? and it has abs, i know the rs doesnt have abs, cuz i used to have one

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
51210-SR3-N10 KNUCKLE, R. FR.
51215-SR3-N10 KNUCKLE, L. FR.

same part number for dc and db

acuraoemparts.com

uso_Dc

i dont understand how it asks for the same part number for dc and db and also 94-01 all the same part numbers but i recieved one and its different. do you think there is any kind of modification that i can do to that side to make it even out like the other if they are saposedly saposed to be the same?

Theasian

Or that knuckle could be damnaged. Why did the machine shop say your knuckle was scrap. Did you see the damage that was their from the bad bearing. Its really hard to wear the knuckle out to the point it needs replaced.

uso_Dc

they said the spindle was bad and i tried to get the bearing replaced and they said its bad i dont know how that happend, member i just bought the car not long ago. only way i can think of if theres something else on the car thats bad as far as suspension but i checked everything out that i can think of and i dont think it would be my car i think its the part i got from the junk yard but have no way of finding out a way to get the right one.

Theasian

Well if you drive on a bad bearing for to long it can scorch up the hub and knuckle, But it has to be close to catching on fire to destroy it.

Most likely the part you got may have been damaged. Part of the risk with a pull and pay. Hunt down and find a good one. Good luck

uso_Dc

the new one that i have is good, the problem isnt the bearing the prob is the angle of the knuckle so the tire doesnt sit as flush as the pass side does to the fender, and my alignment is off to where the cambers are maxed adjusted and its still -4.

thats the prob im having so looking for the part is what im doin but trying to find one off a 98 4dr in my area is pretty difficult so im asking if they are the same all years makes and models for the dc,db, 94-01's.

Theasian

Pictures deff would help. You only have two points which would affect it that much upper and lower mount to the control arms. And basing from the assumption neither of those things have changed leads me to believe the knuckle is your issue. Shake down and check the upper ball joint. Its possible someone beat on it to disconnect it before and oblonged the tapered hole causing the drastic - camber but i doubt it could cause it to be that far out.

uso_Dc

ill post up pics soon but as far as i know when i installed my camber kits it is fine but ill double check..

it just worries me cuz

1, looks funny
2. scared for premature tire wear
3. alignment is ok but because of the mad camber offset the steering wheel still pulls a lil to the left.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
What happened was someone hit a curb and damaged the knuckle and your LCA. That's how you kill the wheel bearings on these cars. You replaced only the knuckle which was probably slightly warped in the hub or maybe it wasn't bad at all. You still need to fix your bent LCA.

Could also be your tie rod but I'm giving the shop the benefit of the doubt that they would have noticed that.

Driving on a bad wheel bearing will wreck your brake rotor and your ABS sensor as well.

Not tightening the axle nut completely will cause the wheel bearing to come loose in the bore and act exactly like it does when it's bad. You can fix it using a very long breaker bar. Get some fat ass to stand on it and bounce.