Teg gsr 2000 little IM question

stherbie96

My gsr is almost stock, I just a have an aem cold air intake. I heard if I change my stock intake manifold for a SKUNK 2, I can get almost 10 bhp more.

Is it true ?

I have a stock exhaust/headers,

thanks for your answers because I don't want a buy one if I don't feel any little difference in power.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I wouldn't bother with adding a manifold if you only have an intake. You will lose lots of torque and mid range power.

ewoo

filipinoFTW!
a friend of mine had a gsr motor in his eg with intake, header, test pipe, exhaust and got it dynoed. then he got the skunk2 im on and got it dynoed AND tuned and he managed to lose a lot of midrange. our tuner suggested that the manifold would only be appropriate given you have cams that would need it.

stherbie96

thanks, I will not buy it, but I have 1000 $ to burn and I want to have a little more power,

What do you guys suggest ??

exaust, headers, ecu tuning... I really don't know

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
1,000 bucks could go some ways. hmmm...

if you spend it right you can get a really sweet header back exhaust. maybe spend like $300 on the header, $550 on the exhaust and the other $150 on a magnaflow high flow cat. parts- $1000. labor (just to weld the cat to some flanges - $100. so a total of $1100 for more power with a slightly higher price range.

yunwawa

i say pocket the money and save for a turbo. If you wanted to. other than that, I'd say headers are an awesome start while cams setups and pullies are often over looked~