Teg is not passing the hydrocarbon test....

MemphisTeg

Smoker,Joker,MidniteToker
stock b18c1 w/ intake and cat-back
just had oil changed and used a gauruntee to pass fuel system cleaner that didnt work.

what is the next thing you would check?

a tune up is my guess.
it also just threw a CEL at me :(

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
check your cel and then try it with a stock intake and warm the shit out of your car. if possible go with a friend to wait in the car while you go to the counter of the smog shop. :thumbs up. dont turn off your car keep it running

MemphisTeg

unfortunately stock intake accidently got thrown out by an ignorant friend while moving into my new house

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hmm go to a fail for free place and then just warm it up really good and dont turn off the car.

phatintegra

Banned
OEM, aftermarket, short ram or cold air Intake should not even matter passing SMOG.

Hydrocarbons is unburned or partially burned fuel.

Catalytic Converter is prob clog or O2 sensor is faulty.

Check your CEL code first, before you replace the catalytic converter.

What are the numbers? Like to see how much you were off. How much you pass on the other test.

Last edited:

MemphisTeg

to pass in tennessee HC's have to be at 220ppm. the first test i was at 280ppm
and after the fuel system stuff it was even worse at 320ppm.
my car is at the local integra doctor right now. he is gonna tell me what the code being thrown is.

i passed the monoxide test w/ flying colors

redrocket

I had the same problem with my CRX B16 swap. Drive the car hard on the freeway for 20-30 min Empty your fuel tank and then dump the guarantee emissions pass in and take it through the line. That's what I did and it passed with flying colors.