teg itr or gsr????

HighHopes

i am interested in buying a teg soon. i was wondering what most of u thought about what i should do
buy a :

A. teg itr (like the only one is 186 miles away)
or
B. buy a gsr (easier to get a hold of and closer)

i kno that the itr has a better transmission than the gsr and if modified in other ways but from what i am reading online i could swap with the itr(or better yet the jdm itr). is it better to just get a gsr and swap out parts (such as the transmission) or travel 186 miles and hope that there is nothing wrong with the itr.

pleez give your advice

Baldy201

I would get the ITR. The ITR has so much more then just the engine. Upgraded suspension, better interior, better trans like you said, lighter weight. Plus there is the fact that you own an Integra Type R. They are rare. If you have the chance to get the ITR get it.

HighHopes

I would get the ITR. The ITR has so much more then just the engine. Upgraded suspension, better interior, better trans like you said, lighter weight. Plus there is the fact that you own an Integra Type R. They are rare. If you have the chance to get the ITR get it.
i would enjoy haveing a itr anyday over a gsr cept that i would really not have achance to shop around because as i said the closest one is 186 miles away and i would travel but i dont kno if it has any problems that it might have (it is being sold by a private seller). where as i could find a gsr with greater ease and be able to pick out teh best one.
:???:

DownShift96GSR

Lets see, ah yes the famous ITR. It would be nice to have one no doubt. But are you ready to bend over and take it like a champ from the insurance company? Your young and the insurance company will rape you with payments. As for the GSR, it will be less. And you can easily swap ITR parts onto the car, mainly interior. You could sway the ITR suspension but what for? You're gonna upgrade to aftermarket anyway. The only thing I would get is the 5 lug conversion, that would be tight. The GSR engine is more friendly to boost than the ITR as well. But all in all it comes down to YOU. Your gonna drive it, pay for it, and sport it. If you want it, go get it.

Todd

token ex-mod
gsr anyday, with the money you spend on an itr, you could spend thousands less and have a gsr that would smoke an itr any day of the week......
itr is more hype then anything, there's a quote on clubcivic that i'll find and post up

and the 5 lugs are pretty much pointless

Last edited:

HighHopes

Lets see, ah yes the famous ITR. It would be nice to have one no doubt. But are you ready to bend over and take it like a champ from the insurance company? Your young and the insurance company will rape you with payments. As for the GSR, it will be less. And you can easily swap ITR parts onto the car, mainly interior. You could sway the ITR suspension but what for? You're gonna upgrade to aftermarket anyway. The only thing I would get is the 5 lug conversion, that would be tight. The GSR engine is more friendly to boost than the ITR as well. But all in all it comes down to YOU. Your gonna drive it, pay for it, and sport it. If you want it, go get it.
i could car less about the intrerior,i mean as long as it isnt hideous, and i and planning on going all motor. i agree with what ur saying about teh suspension and such and good input..

i havent yet decided
:???:

DownShift96GSR

The only thing i meant about the interior is that you could put the ITR interior in to spice up your ride and make it "appear" to be a badgeless ITR. Also putting a red valve cover on would fool any untrained car enthusiast.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
if i can get away wit it, i'll steal a itr anyday...if u get a type r u have to have good insurance hehe; fact that its rare makes it a good prize to have; get use to the feeling of sitting on a empty wallet. insurance will get you, not saying itr get stolen alot but hell...if u had a itr i'll steal ur itr if i could =)

DownShift96GSR

I say put Honda badges on the outside. I mean in all reality, it is a Honda. That's what I plan on doing. Sport the car for what it really is, a HONDA. But thats me.

DC2_Project

yeah if you want a type r feel with the little things that are better and yes saying you have a type r sounds better then a gsr but if you put money in a gsr it will be faster

01cleatus

Get a GSR. The insurance is cheaper, aftermarket parts are cheaper, and no sun roof in an ITR. Whether you want one or not girls love em. Do what downshift said and put some Honda emblems on and with the left over money have fun with he car.

hadjie85

yeah get the GSR, not because the itr is supposedly far away (no drive is too far when youre shopping for an itr...), but because of the reasons these guys are puttin out there. a few simple bolt-ons will get you close to the same performance, and youll save lots on insurance, not only because of the type of car, but also because youll almost surely be making payments longer and thus have to have full coverage on it. another thing, i know you said you are going N/A, but the GSR is gonna be hungry for a turbo... that is mad horsepower for fairly cheap. im just sayin if you ever wanted to get crazy the power is there.