teg vs grand am?

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i was just curious if my teg could take a stock auto 04 grand am. i think they are governed at 126. and ive had my teg at 120 or 130 with just intake. (not sure exactly cause i didnt wanna do anything more then glance at the guages). but who would win in a race with my current mods and what kinda races? 1/4, highway (rolling or from complete stop) etc...

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
oh and i have a manual. and as far as weight reduction... i would only remove my subs and spare tire AT THE MOST. but probably wouldnt even do that cause im too lazy

KaosTheory

DSMER
lol, you got too much shit in your car. :hithead: ,120...lol, that it? ive done topped out my teg at 170....meh shit fucking scared the shit out of me when i looked down and found out....car jumped around alot..i would think the grand am....but hey, your a teg owner..Im rootin for ya :rocker:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I think a Grand Am might take you on the highway.

I got took by a brand new, Dodge Stratus R/T coupe on the highway. Made we wish I had a 6 speed accord.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
The V6 with Ram Air has 175 hp and 205 lb-ft of torque. I'm quite sure they weigh around 2800-3000lbs. I think the Grand Am would win compared to your almost stock Integra. Remember, you're trying to race a 6 cylinder. Of course, it should win because it's got two extra cylinders. (Well, it should have an advantage, but it's a GM)

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i just cant stand grand ams lol. im rootin for myself too even though im not sure if theres a def rate thats gonna happen. oh and the grand am may possibly be an 03... not sure if theres a difference in power or anything. but anyways... i was hoping since its an auto then maybe i could pull on it pretty good. who knows. guess i wont find out for sure til i try

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
ill tell you my story ... one of the guys from work has one, an 01 gt ram air ..a friend of mine got a 04 tiburon v6 6 speed.. one night the three of us met... the pontiac guy talking smack against my friend,, they raced .. pontiac lost by like 6 cars... me and my friend race all the time .. cant beat me... so go agead and smack that piece of sh!t :lol:

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
KaosTheory lol, you got too much shit in your car. ,120...lol, that it? ive done topped out my teg at 170....meh shit fucking scared the shit out of me when i looked down and found out....car jumped around alot..i would think the grand am....but hey, your a teg owner..Im rootin for ya
170 Righttttttttttt. what are your mods?

kcyrusm

cabezzzdb8 said:
ill tell you my story ... one of the guys from work has one, an 01 gt ram air ..a friend of mine got a 04 tiburon v6 6 speed.. one night the three of us met... the pontiac guy talking smack against my friend,, they raced .. pontiac lost by like 6 cars... me and my friend race all the time .. cant beat me... so go agead and smack that piece of sh!t :lol:

Are you kidding me? a korean made car beat the grand am by 6 cars?? I pulled up next to a grand am around the same year... can't remember if i had my stock 900 SE 2.0L turbo charged saab or my stock gs teg at the time but it smoked me when he shifted into second, i gave up right there and let go of the gas.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
WOW thats sad you got beat by a grand am... :cry: (reminder 01,pontiac grand am specs>> 3.8 v6 AUTOMATIC 175 HP... 03 TIBURON 2.7 V6, 6 SPEED MANUAL 172 HP AEM COLD AIR INTAKE, 8 POUND FLYWHEEL..)