Teggy 3, VW GTI 0

DownShift96GSR

This year I've noticed that a lot of those VW GTI's are rollin into the scene. They come stock with a turbo and are pretty quick. One of the first cars I raced when I got my Teggy was a black GTI and I walked away with a victory. A couple months later I had my second race against my friends black GTI and, again, walked away with the victory.

WIth that said, I'll continue with the story of my 3rd win. There's a guy I know who claims he's the "VW Guru". He can't stand Hondas and hates em with a passion. He told me about 3 months ago that if I beat him in a race, I can put "V-DUB KILLER" on the back of my car. I had a calling to race him about a week ago and accepted the challenge. I raced him twice and came away with both wins. Now my question is do I or do I not put the "V-DUB KILLER" sticker on the back of my car? Don't forget this guy has no respect for Hondas in any way, shape or form. He thinks they are pointless and the slowest cars on the street. So what do ya'll think?

01cleatus

First off I don't know how you guys race over there. Here we ALL get together and go to remote locations to race. In my opinion if thats the case where you are make him give you the banner in front of everyone and as you are about to put it on say.... I don't want anything to do with VW on my car . Or somethin like that. But you have to atleast rub it in his face that a honda wooped his ass.

DownShift96GSR

Oh yeah man, a lot of us get together and race. It wasn't just me and the VW's, it was a racing event. I was challenged at those events by the VWs. I like your reasoning on the sticker. And don't worry, I rubbed it in his face big time. I rubbed it in so hard, I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since then.

Todd

token ex-mod
those nwe r32 are some quick ass cars...

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
stock GTIs or Jettas arent that fast. my parents have a '01 Wolfsburg Jetta with the 1.8T engine. yes they can be modded easily. chips for them gain 50-60hp, but its mainly using more aggressive fuel/timing and raising the boost.

i raced their car at the track, and the best ive managed was 15.9, ive managed a best of 15.8 so far in my mostly stock LS

misplacedcivic

kudos on the kill downshfit. as funny as it'd be to have that sticker on there, it'd likely look better without it (in my opinion). either way, alot of people saw you spank that thing, including the honda hating driver :) besides, if you put that on your car, likely every VW driver would be flipping you the bird

95teg

going back to the r32 comment, u are right, they sure are quick, back when i had my 90 si hatch, i had one beside me on the highway and i dropped into 4th then 3rd and he was gone....lol no comp what so ever, granted those SOHC D16 engines arent all that 'ballsy"...lol

01cleatus

I don't know I think they are cool lookin car but they weigh so much . the Gti and R32 weigh over 3,000 pounds. With all that way they need to have alot of horsepower to get those things moving. so if the R32 has 240 HP then it is actually slower if not the same capabilities as the GT mustang. Th Gt weighs about 3,000 pounds also and is rated at 260 HP. The GTI have 186 HP and weighs 3,000 pounds that is a little over 16 pounds per horse power. Which is good but not hat great considering a stock LS has a wieght horsepower ratio of 17.5 lbs. per HP.

Todd

token ex-mod
yes but the stock mustang gt's are capable of running 13's as where as the ls's are lucky to break into the 15's. the hp to weight ratio is nice, but you're still talking about a much lower hp

01cleatus

I understand that but what I am trying to say is that the R32 is a bad ass car just not that bad ass. because the GT mustang is faster. The reason I brought up the LS Integra is because that is the bottom line of our cars and it really isn't that far off realistically . Here is a website to check out the stock 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times of these cars. Integra LS 0-60 is 7.6, GT mustang is 5.5, R32 is 6.4 and their 1/4 mile times are as follows... LS is 16., GT is 14.1, R32 is 14.6. Now I know they are faster but they really aren't that bad ass as I thought at first. Th eGT is still better than the R32 as hard as that is to admit. Because I hate the GT. But the bottom line of our cars kills the bottom lines of their cars. The V6 mustang is 8.6 0 - 60 and 16.5 in the 1/4 mile. The GTI 1.8T is 6.5 is the 0-61 and 15.2 in the 1/4 mile. Now that one is faster than our bottom line Ls but not by that much.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

95teg

so being that the Audi 1.8t is the same engine as the Jetta 1.8t's, ur saying i could take my buddy in my GS-R, hes got a 99 A4 1.8t, 5spd...

GS-RAW

ive taken out a couple of GTI's, they aint nothin special. they look pretty good with a body kit.

DC2_Project

na dont put any stickers on your car, just walk away with the feeling that you beat the man that doubted your car

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
stickers are a waste of time. bragging rights are the best. let everyone know you kicked his ass. better yet make sure his girl knows. there is nothing better than beating a yuppie in front of his girl. vw are are not to be messed with if the owner knows what to do with them. my neighbor has a 300 whp bug. yea a bug. it is intense.