TeggyBear is lowered! At least in the front. UPDATE!

RD408

Yeah, I really like this lip, because it's flexible! If I rub it, it just bends back normally. No cracking your ABS lip or whatever. And this lip is fairly original. As far as I know, theres only two Integras utilizing this style so far.
Not hating or anything, but Ive seen LOTS of cars use this :lol: Seen Evos/SRT4's and so many more. And it still looks good!

jackacc

Looks great man, I just finished lowering mine on Ground Controls tonight. It is a great feeling to DIY right?

For the rear shocks, I had the same problem. I just unbolted my swayar from the endlink on whatever side I was working on and then I had plenty of room to get the shock out with a little wiggling. No need to undo the UCA or LCA. At least in my case. Once I unbolted the rear sway, it gave me those extra inches I needed to get the assembly out of there.

Good luck with the rest of the project! Are you installing a camber kit at all? I am skipping that for now. Maybe one day.

pepsilude

It's easier to just drop a bolt from the upper control arm. That will allow the LCA to drop plenty to pull the rears right out
didn't think of that. i guess the reason i did it was cause i was replacing the lca anyways

jdm_mike19

did u try unbolting the strut from the for takin the fork out of the way then unbolting it from the top the two bolts then just lowering it out that way its hella easy if u dont understand i can take pics and post

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Looks great man, I just finished lowering mine on Ground Controls tonight. It is a great feeling to DIY right?

For the rear shocks, I had the same problem. I just unbolted my swayar from the endlink on whatever side I was working on and then I had plenty of room to get the shock out with a little wiggling. No need to undo the UCA or LCA. At least in my case. Once I unbolted the rear sway, it gave me those extra inches I needed to get the assembly out of there.

Good luck with the rest of the project! Are you installing a camber kit at all? I am skipping that for now. Maybe one day.
cool. Naw no camber kit yet. It doesn't even look like I'll need one. We'll see.
did u try unbolting the strut from the for takin the fork out of the way then unbolting it from the top the two bolts then just lowering it out that way its hella easy if u dont understand i can take pics and post
yeah, that description was really confusing..
Are those Work wheels?
Naw, they are RacingHart Type-C's. They are pretty nice looking, especially now that the car is lower

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
nice man! im not feelin the lip(just cause of the way it looks) but i give you serious props for doing it and figuring out how to do it. maybe im going to sound stupid here, but spring compressors? i hear they work great lol.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
yeah, just unbolt the control arm (either at the hub, or at the sub frame) it is really easy, and as long as you don't break the bolt (speaking from experience) it pops right back in with no problems. it would also be a good time to check out the control arm bushings/shock mount bushings to see if they need to be replaced. they are cheap and easy to replace as well.

****FOR THE RECORD, I'm posting a quick reply on page 1, so if you've already done this, please disregard*****

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
nice man! im not feelin the lip(just cause of the way it looks) but i give you serious props for doing it and figuring out how to do it. maybe im going to sound stupid here, but spring compressors? i hear they work great lol.
yeah, i just HAD to get a lip becasue the Mugen (style) front lip has never came in the mail..... I ordered it like 4 months ago.

spring compressors are nice... The first shock/spring combo I thought I wouldn't need it, so I was taking the top bolt off and BOOOOOOOOMM. The strut went flying down the driveway :rolf: For the second one, I learned my lesson and compressed it lol........ Thankfully nothing was damaged. :roll:

i can't wait for it to stop raining, so I can do the back... Looks funky all raked forward crazy, but the front looks awesome now.... :D

i'll update soon with the pics for whoever that was about the front offset plate