Teggykid Log

Teggykid952

Alrighty little update. Since I installed the tranny the first time, I had a hole appear at the end of it. Long story short I removed the tranny and had it patched. But because of where the hole was, there was a rod that moved back and forth for reverse and 5th. So when the welder patched it, the welds went too deep, causing me not to be able to engage reverse. So tomorrow I'm borrowing a butane torch and I'm going to heat up the spot, hopefully the metal will become malleable enough to where I can use the rod to put pressure on the spot and make room for it. Honestly, this is my last attempt to make this tranny work. If this goes wrong then I'm probably just going to wait to find another tranny cause I'm sick of dealing with this one.

On a better note, my birthday was this past weekend, and I ended up with a couple goodies for my teg. I've added a Wink mirror, a silver passwordjdm shift knob, and I ordered some stickers for my mirror. I'll probably upload some pics tomorrow. Other than that that's all that's happened. Still have the shaking so idk what's up with that.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
mannn... seeing your pwjdm shift knob reminds me of mine... i still can't believe someone stole that shiet. nice find though

Teggykid952

Yeah it would definitely be easy to steal haha. I had to tighten it while I was driving today

Ryan659

Jumping from the 1st page to this one is a big difference, props to you man. Nice restore. You should've rocked it when no hood, bumper, interior, etc... Lol.

built_ls

Jumping from the 1st page to this one is a big difference, props to you man. Nice restore. You should've rocked it when no hood, bumper, interior, etc... Lol.
yea i did the same thing lol

Teggykid952

Ha thanks guys. I love my old skool DB1. Old boxy Honda's are the shit. Probably going to try to fix the trans tomorrow. We'll see how it goes

DA9 RIDER

DA9= VTEC=GSR
ha thanks guys. I love my old skool db1. Old boxy honda's are the s***. Probably going to try to fix the trans tomorrow. We'll see how it goes
yo do u be racing the car and i think after u get ur tranny right u just throw a b16 head on it and go b20vtec u will have a sleeper monster lol

Teggykid952

Nah I'm not going to touch the B20 for now. If anything I'd just rebuild my old B18 and boost it. As for racing that's a negative. Too much grinding going on in the tranny for me to feel safe putting it under a lot of pressure. A little spirited driving every now and then? Yeah, I do that :D

Teggykid952

Ok so This past Sunday me and my dad finally got around to installing my radio. Unfortunately, the Hertz 6 1/2's I was going to use don't fit because they hit my window, so we put some cheap shit in there for now. Eventually we are going to build some rings to let the speaker sit closer towards the grill, thus clearing the window. Anyways here's a couple pics. Also, my dad had the idea for the usb port, gotta love it haha