Tein suspension rebuild

Bsweeney

ok so im thinking about getting my tein super streets rebuilt and i have to send it away for tein to rebuild it. I dont have to send the springs from the coilovers away. i also have a cheap set of ebay coilovers sleeves. So my question is do you think that the tein springs along with the sleves from the ebay coilovers would work on stock struts to just get me by for a few weeks.

FYI I dont want to raise the car too much becuase i dont want to have to get an alignment twice. im pretty low so how do you think the ride will be compared to blow tein superstreets.

Zachc6464

Where is your build thread, and I fucking love the color of your car. As for the rest i have no jdea

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I'm no expert on suspension, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that should work for a few weeks. Would not suggest doing it for any longer

SoundEfx

The coilover sleeves would never give you a nice ride in my opinion, but if it is just to last until you get your coilovers back, it would be good enough.

Bsweeney

Do you guys think I should just get a new set because the super streets don't have independent height adjustment. Ive been reading a lot of reviews on coil covers and I've been looking at the function and form type 1s and the yonaka coil covers too. I'm only planning on having the car for another year or so.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Well I had a set of yonaka coils on my old car when I sold it. I never got the chance to really ride on them, but the next owner still had them on the car when he sold it a year later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

drevans_satx

Dylan
They looked solid, they were cheap as dirt, and had the potential to lay frame (if that's what you like). I can't speak on longevity or actual track performance, but for a DD and hard parking like a boss I wouldn't complain.

In the end I can't give an in depth review as I only drove the car around the block a few times before I sold it. Compared to the Monroe strut/eBay coil sleeve, it was night and day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tree

Holy shit OP your teggy is sooo clean! you need to make a build thread, and what wheels are those?

Bsweeney

Holy s*** OP your teggy is sooo clean! you need to make a build thread, and what wheels are those?
thanks ive had for 2 years and have never stopped changing things lol. they are actually xxr 522's with the powder coat stripped off, planning on polishing them to a chrome finish.