Tell me if this ASR brace is real or a replica

XjoEnX

I have an ASR brace that came with the sway bar I picked up a while back. I've determined that it's real by looking at ASRs install guide on PWJDM and comparing it to JHPUSAs blog about the fake braces.

The guy I bought it from says it's the first generation model that uses a longer LCA bolt. It has a smooth brushed finish but the brackets are the same as the brackets on the fake ones but they're not black like the fake ones. Does anyone have a first gen model to confirm if I have the real deal or a replica? I want to sell it but for the right price.

Thanks!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i dont remember what the brackets look like dude. but i have a 1st gen. I would say the give away on the fake ones are the finish and the bolt pattern. The bolts on the LEGIT ASR is a 100mm in length and they are a grade 10 not grade 8.

XjoEnX

Thanks! I haven't even looked at the bolts yet. I'll check em when I get home. Anyone else have input?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
ASR braces are being copied now? WTF?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i thought teh brackets were just spacers idk i dont remember its been two years and i didnt even install it lol

XjoEnX

If it helps any, the mounting brackets on the piece I have are also held on with smaller Allen bolts. They're in the same location as the brace used in ASRs installation guide

XjoEnX

Thanks for the input everyone. Reps for all when I get to a personal computer. Feel free to add any more thoughts on this.