temp gauge acting up

WDEDMON1

Ok so if any of you have seen my recent threads, you know that I have had some trouble with this head gasket job I have been doing. Well I finally got the timing tensioner replaced and I got the car put back together. But, as I drive the car feels great. Feels like its supposed to. But as I get on it, the temperature gauge hits the floor. I did replace the thermostat. Is there a temp sensor that I need to clean or replace? Also the car idles kinda high. About 1100 rpms. Is this normal rpms for idle. Ty in advance for any answers

Dtackett

my car was doing that when my thermostat was stuck open, have you checked to make sure its in right, or not messed up? like everything else thats mass produced, some will not work correctly, also could check your coolant lines. did u replace your water pump?

WDEDMON1

I replaced the water pump last year. It should still be doing fine. The car was doing this before I changed the head gasket(which I thought was the cause). The thermostat is brand new but the old one was doing the same thing. I don't think its the thermostats fault. Also, when the temp gauge did this before the head gasket change, there was a major loss off power along with the temp gauge acting up at high rpms(when I really get on it).

ryukkid

beep beep
try changing your temp gauge sensor that might fix the problem

LittleB10

check for codes being thrown. coolant lines leaking and there are a couple sensors to check too. ect, the one next to it on side of head and there is one on back of block near the right corner too. sorry i dont know the names of them all but know about them cause i replaced them all lol. ect could be bad too, i put in a new one and it threw a code 6 (ect code) and then i put the old one back in and no codes and everything is good. also maybe try the ground that is bolted next to the thermostat. i just did my head gasket too and have one issue besides the code 6 but i won't hijack ur thread. 1100 rpms is ok for warm up but then idle should go down to 750-800 rpms for idle according to haynes manual. i cleaned the iac, fitv, throttle body and my intake manifold and my car has never ever idle like it does now. 1500 rpms start up;2-3 mins later down to 1000rpms and then 2-3mins after that 750rpms and holds there and car is at normal operating temp....even after running it hard or just chillin at stop light 750 it is lol. try adjusting idle through the fitv or throttle body or both. hope this helped and good luck man.

WDEDMON1

Thanks guys. I'll definitely give all these A try. Starting with the ground first. Sounds easy