Temp gauge issue and burning oil. Any suggestions?

THE WITCH KING.

Hey guys! Lately I've been having some issues with my temp gauge. It will jump from normal to high constantly and I can't figure out whats going on. I'm not eating coolant either btw. Also I've been burning oil like a mother fucker. Pretty sure I have some bad rings or valve seals or something. Haven't really checked to far into that yet. Anyway, anyone have any suggestions?

LittleB10

yea burning oil is either rings or valve seals. my seals are shot and need replaced in couple week and i just did a headgasket job too. lol as far as temp gauge going haywire, check the temp sensor to see if its bad, like the ecu throwing a code for it, voltage going to and from it, check fuses and im not sure if it would matter but check the ground wiring thats on the thermostat housing and while your at it maybe check the thermostat itself. hope this helps and good luck man!

KiNGKAOS

I'm havin' the same "temp gauge" issue with my newest edition '93 Integra RS... She runs great no smoke comin' out of the tail pipe. Oil looks great.The coolant looks great. I was thinkin' maybe theres "air" in the coolant system!?!

LittleB10

u could bleed the coolant line if u suspect air in it. i believe the bleeder is on the side of the head where the upper rad. hose connects to it. best of luck to you guys!

emd513

Park the front of the car up a hill and fill it full of coolant to be sure you get all the air out and run it for a min to circulate the water through the system and check. The bleeder valves suck in my opinnion since there not at the highest point of the cooling system they don't get all the air out. Check your sensor there 15 bucks if you don't know how. And for the burning oil how much are you using. Also check your exhaust for alot of condensation coming from it. Another sign for head gasket. Or cracked head