Test Pipe on a Stock Exhaust?

Army74D

gtavila_
Just browsing online shops for stuff I can waste money on..

Just wondering if a test pipe will work on a stock 3rd gen exhaust.

Car: 1995 Acura Integra RS
Engine: Stock B18B1 (Non VTEC) with stock everything.
I'm looking at two options right now.. Blox or Invidia, both are 2.25 inches.

So will this work with the stock exhaust?
Will there be much of a gain in power?
Will it be loud?

Army74D

gtavila_
I'm assuming you're saying that there will be no increase in power..

Would it fit? Would it change the sound?
Just curious..

I would like to upgrade a whole exhaust system for more flow, but I have yet to hear one that's not loud as hell
:???:.

isa423

street freaks
imo dont waste your money on a test pipe cuz your screwed if you get popped by the cops in cali. i say hold off and find the right exhaust system before

OsamaBinHidden

u want loud as possible? get buddy club spec 2 exhaust. If you want a loud,deep, and a unique racecar like sound than get skunk2 megapower r exhaust.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I've had the mega power exhaust on my g2 before, it's very nice IMHO, kinda on the loud side though.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no dont get one its dumb. It fucks up your torque curve and you lose bottom end torque

i use it only on race days because it moves torque higher up

njhustler

Just get the catback , unless your boosted a test pipe will give you minimal gains and it will make your exhaust louder as well. What do you guys think of the magnaflow catback?. They show a dyno sheet with gains of 7hp and 12lb ft.

The_Anima7or

The Rook
im getting a thermal 3" full exhaust system (minus header) for when i boost my car. ill have to find a cat. converter to fit it.. recommendations? or, how sh*tty of an idea is that? lol

MrGurley

************5-0
im getting a thermal 3" full exhaust system (minus header) for when i boost my car. ill have to find a cat. converter to fit it.. recommendations? or, how sh*tty of an idea is that? lol
lol first off dont thread jack
second off if your going boost you dont need/want one

The_Anima7or

The Rook
and yes im still on

im always on...... lol
yeah you are a clubintegra.com creeper lol wait a second, i was told by (im pretty sure) you, and somebody else, when i boost it, ill need 3" exhaust.. i would like 3" exhaust anyway, since my state has no emissions testing or anything, i could run test pipe if i wanted, but i dont want that high pitched annoying bumble bee sound. when i bought my prelude, the douche bag that had it before me put straight pipe on it, with this fart can muffler, and it sounded like a pissed off bee, for realz.