Test pipe on OBD2 98 LS

steve-o_585

I know that you guys are gonna say to get a high flow cat or w.e well I cant afford one & getting it welded on. I want to get a test pipe on my 98 Integra & the only question is do I need to get a test pipe with 2 O2 bungs? What you guys have done to ur ob2 integras running test pipes & not get any CEL?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
You're probably going to have trouble passing inspections with the Test pipe, as it is somethign that they will look for during emission inspections. Magnaflow cats aren't terribly expensive in all honesty. But if you're insisting on a test pipe, most people will put the primary O2 sensor in the one hole in the test pipe and either weld the secondary in, or let it hang. The secondary checks the cat is working, so chances are you will be running rich and throwing a CEL.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Edit, I'm thinking of my GSR. Someone else chime in here, but I think the LS has a header O2 Sensor and one in the cat, so as long as you keep it like that, use the one in the cat you might be safe. PM me if you need test pipes btw.

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
All OBD2 Integra's 96-01 are Dual Sensor on the cat.......

Last edited:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Haha I see. Well then what I said is valid.

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
Haha I see. Well then what I said is valid.
Yes but he may need a CEL elimination kit as the secondary sensor may see no change from the first. Simple way is by using a spark plug non-fouler. I remember using this on my 01 Mazda and it worked perfectly. I had a high flow cat installed after installing an aftermarket header and removed the primary cat ( yes two Cat System ). You may have clearance issues though with the rear sensor.

For sure if they visually inspect, you will fail with a test pipe. You will also get more noise out of your exhaust which many don't like. Anyways, good luck with what you are after. I would invest in a high flow cat as stated above for your LS. I only paid $50 for a Universal Magnaflow Cat on Ebay. I welded and installed it and did not have any problem passing emissions as being OBD1 I had the sniffer test. Passed with flying colors.

Check here for a comparison/example:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/229959-mechanical-o2-simulator/

Last edited: