test pipe or high flow cat

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
A good, properly sized high flow cat will have practically zero negative effects on an N/A car

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
High Flow Cat > Test Pipe

TP = smelly car, and you will fail emmissions and kill our world day by day!

HFC = you will pass emmissions, your car won't smell, and you will gain relatively the same performance as you would with a test pipe

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
what kinda exhaust you running...if your running a chambered muffler def. run a high flow cat....if you have a straight through muffler that is gonna be loud no matter what then get a test pipe

shocker

having a test pipe instead of a cat will make you alot louder, very raspy and not to mention not having a cat is extremely illegal and if you should happen to get pulled over cause your too loud 9 times out of ten they look under the car for a cat and you can get big fines! just some helpfull information

wite2nr

high flow cat unless you got a fully built motor or turbo

jdm jon

im using a race header w/ flange with a drift spec catback.......its loud, sounds like a suby at idle....gets loud when u get on it but its fun for a daily..........i like it but i think i might considering switching to a WS2 or SP2 sooner or later, maybe with a hi-flow Cat just to switch things up.

Last edited:

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
honestly i i say either or...but i dont know where you guys get the loud raspy, loose asshole fart soud from because i run a 4-1 header, testpipe-------2.25 piping straight through a es oval muffler which is also 2.25 in & out. my car sounds nothing like what ya'll say ohh well

wite2nr

honestly i i say either or...but i dont know where you guys get the loud raspy, loose asshole fart soud from because i run a 4-1 header, testpipe-------2.25 piping straight through a es oval muffler which is also 2.25 in & out. my car sounds nothing like what ya'll say ohh well
yes but that is from inside the car. totally different when driving behind someone, you can easily tell if it is a test pipe or not.

patrick4588

Integra God
i havent ran a cat since i bought my car. i ran a test pipe when it was na and open dp when it was boosted. i will probably have a high flow cat while its na for a while though.