Test Pipe Question

DjZGFX

Hey guys, i've got a quick question. I'm going to be buying a header-back exhaust system and throwing in a test pipe. Does the check engine light tend to come on when you do add a test pipe to a GS-R or no? If it does, does it affect anything?

1997 Acura Integra GS-R.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It'll cause a check engine light and your gas mileage will decrease. Google "oxygen sensor defouler" for a solution.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
A test pipe will also make your exhaust sound raspy and bad, and the exhaust will stink like hell too. Oh yeah, and it's illegal.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Good move my man, it's not a whole lot more just to get a real cat, and that small bit of money will take care of alot of created problems. And you won't be spending money on go-arounds to deal with the second O2 sensor your OBD2 '97 has.

gsr_nikhil

I have a straight pipe where my cat should be and I just zip tied my secondary o2 sensor to some part of my chassis. No check engine light for me and it runs just as good if not better than before. I hooked it up to our inspection computer and I got ready lights on every step so I know I can pass inspection when the time comes. Don't waste the money on a defouler. Just take it out and let it read ambient air

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Uh, or you could just run a cat like a decent fuckin person. So stupid to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hgocasca

level 77 troll
It's fine. I'll explain to my son how apologetic you are when he's old enough to understand and also explain that you're part of the reason he will get cancer by 25

gsr_nikhil

It's fine. I'll explain to my son how apologetic you are when he's old enough to understand and also explain that you're part of the reason he will get cancer by 25

Hahahahaha

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk