thatsmrpyro2u's 99 gsr build thread/ restoration

thatsmrpyro2u

Update: new exhaust and no more rear wiper

update time

Ive been working with the car on and off for the last few weeks. I recently removed both the rear wiper and the antenna. the car is currently int he shop getting a few things done to include an inspection alignment and some of the bushing getting installed. The majority of the hardrace bushing will get installed this winter.

number one of the big updates tho is that i recently purchased a valve spring compressor and a leak down tester so i cant get around to replacing those pesky valve seals that are leaking

And number 2 is that the yonaka exhaust i ordered has been installed, and I love it. The magnaflow exhaust i had never fit right even with the spacer i had made. However the new exhaust fit right and sounds great. The day I installed the exhaust i sold the old magnaflow axle back section.

thatsmrpyro2u

its been a lil bit but here some updates

one: I now have full hardrace engine mount kit installed. all i can say is wow. I feel everything. I know going to stiffer mounts would do this but i wasnt not expecting this. now i will be chasing rattles int he car all winter.

2. new exhaust is one billion times better than the old magnaflow one. sound is good and above all no rattles. ill try and post some video this weekend.

next on the list will be the PWJDM oil pan baffle and putting my rear seat back in the car. Im also pricing the gaskets to do a head swap. I have my other head sittign in the garage and im fairly certain i have no rubber left for my valve seals. Im going to refresh the head sooner than later and just do the swap.

pics later on