the brains of the operation

GSRIntegra

I have a 2001 gs-r.

I posted a thread a while ago about how to disarm my alarm. Well, I've located the "brain" and I don't know where to go from there. If I remember correctly, there are two harnesses hooked to the brain. Do I just unplug the harnesses and pull the brain to have the alarm system completely out? Or, are those harnesses, that were connected to the brain, apart of the alarm system and have to come out as well?

I wan't this thing gone, help me out please.

mirrorimg

Well when you take the computer out, the brain, the alarm will in effect be dead. You shouldnt need to remove the wiring unless you want to clean it up

GSRIntegra

Are alarm harnesses universal? I plan on getting another alarm in the future, and I wonder if the brain will just plug into existing harness? If not, then I want that shit gone! I just don't want to start ripping shit out if I don't know what I'm doing. If one end of the harness is connected to the brain, then where is the other end connected to? Hopefully you guys can help.

GSRIntegra

Well, after taking disconnecting the siren months ago, i decided to take out the brains. After taking out what I thought were the brains, the car wouldn't start. I figured it was the brain because the siren ran to it. I had to hook everthing back up so I could get to work. Can anyone help me? I'll try to get pics up asap.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If the alarm had a starter kill relay installed, you'll need to remove that and reconnect the car's starter wire (it gets cut and fed through a relay when a starter kill is done). That's probably why the car won't start when you unplugged the brain.