The Chronicles of "Harmony" - dopematic's Integra Update Thread

dopematic

Thanks Joe!

So I will be attending ncrc thunderhill august 10th with Dylan (samurai blue) again.

Will be getting better tires for my itr wheels and using those to track the car now cause I'm too scared of anything that may happen to my RGs

Also, new brake pads and try to figure out / fix my slough cooling issue.

dopematic

Update! 7/29/2013

So I couldn't sleep one night and I started searching craigslist for whatevers. Then I came across another set of Advan RGs in a more aggressive size and offset.

My current set is
16x7.5 +43 all around

This current set is staggered set up
16x7.5 +29 fronts
16x8 +37 rears

Needless to say... I hopped on the wheels. LOL ...

Reason why I wanted a more aggressive offset is because I wanted to push my wheels out closer to the fender / corner panel to get it more flush because as you all know, most stock offset is really high which makes it really sunken in. This staggered set up will be flush.

Do not get it twisted. It is not "hella flush" -10 cambered , hard parked or anything like that. Just flush, and slightly sunked in.

Although, I had to roll my fenders / corner panels because from what you've seen, I like to slam my car. That made some fender clearance issues. Fender rolled the fronts helped alot and I dropped it down to where it barely touches the fender when I am going up a curb.

Welp, here are some pics.

I borrowed the fender roller from my friend.

The front was fairly easy, it was much softer than the rear. The rear had the actual chassis extended out which was much harder so it required more work and took a lot longer.

I was very happy that I didnt flare out my fender / corner panel because I have seen lots of other people's cars with fucked up fenders / corner panel because they wanted to be super hella flush or didnt have the patience to roll the fender correctly.

Here is the result.

Also, picked up a new sunshade. Lightning Mcqueen. LOL

Will be posting up my other set of Advan RGs up for sale very soon.

redGSRguy

I have two sets of Hawk HP+ for ITR with plenty of meat left on them for $40 each if you are interested. I switched to DTC-60s which is why I am selling these.

PatEK

holy crap that looks sweet.
i'm about to roll my fenders aswell, how much did you heat up the rear panel so paint doesn't chip?

dopematic

Yeah I might get spacers now.
Haha, get some!

I have two sets of Hawk HP+ for ITR with plenty of meat left on them for $40 each if you are interested. I switched to DTC-60s which is why I am selling these.
If you would've contacted me sooner, I would've gotten them. I just placed my order for the HP+ fronts. Did you have the rears by any chance though?

holy crap that looks sweet.
i'm about to roll my fenders aswell, how much did you heat up the rear panel so paint doesn't chip?
Thanks bro! Um as long as you didn't have any chips beforehand it should be fine. I used the heat gun set on high and kept on moving back and forth in the area that I was rolling first. Remember to always keep the heat gun moving or in motion, never in one spot. I kept it moving back and forth for a good 10-15 seconds. Then I used the roller until it got cold again. Then repeat. :thumbs up

Most important is just to have patience cause its such a tedious process so you don't wanna rush it and try to force it and then it'll cause a flare in your fender / corner panel.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Haha, get some!

If you would've contacted me sooner, I would've gotten them. I just placed my order for the HP+ fronts. Did you have the rears by any chance though?

Thanks bro! Um as long as you didn't have any chips beforehand it should be fine. I used the heat gun set on high and kept on moving back and forth in the area that I was rolling first. Remember to always keep the heat gun moving or in motion, never in one spot. I kept it moving back and forth for a good 10-15 seconds. Then I used the roller until it got cold again. Then repeat. :thumbs up

Most important is just to have patience cause its such a tedious process so you don't wanna rush it and try to force it and then it'll cause a flare in your fender / corner panel.
you will be fine with oem rears.

dopematic

^^ Cool, Sounds good to me. What is our brake proportioning anyways like 70 front 30 rear?

So in the next couple of days, I'll be raising up my car. Throwing on my ITR wheels plus minor prep for Thunderhill with NCRC on August 10th.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
^^ Cool, Sounds good to me. What is our brake proportioning anyways like 70 front 30 rear?

So in the next couple of days, I'll be raising up my car. Throwing on my ITR wheels plus minor prep for Thunderhill with NCRC on August 10th.
something like that. but you found out orilley pads are enough to lock up the back

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Also, picked up a new sunshade. Lightning Mcqueen. LOL

Will be posting up my other set of Advan RGs up for sale very soon.
I was gonna get one of those!! I just didn't know how it would look if it was accordioned in the windshield, but that doesnt look bad at all. where did you get it from?

redGSRguy

Ha damn, missed out. I ran Hawk HPS in the rear which i have swapped out if you want to pic those up for $20
:) WIll get pics if you are interested.

dopematic

thanks for the tip, i'll try it.
No problem, good luck!

Car looks clean as hell! Very nice fitment!
Thanks bro!

something like that. but you found out orilley pads are enough to lock up the back
That's true, but I think it was more me needing to weight transfer my car better too

Those shots up there are beautiful dude :drool:
thanks bro! Quick snaps at the pump haha

I was gonna get one of those!! I just didn't know how it would look if it was accordioned in the windshield, but that doesnt look bad at all. where did you get it from?
LOL, yeah I got it off ebay. It came from China. Was like 15 shipped I believe.

Ha damn, missed out. I ran Hawk HPS in the rear which i have swapped out if you want to pic those up for $20
:) WIll get pics if you are interested.
Yes, I am interested. Can you text me? 2092446714