The dreaded p1399 Im screwed

genesis

tougê hêrmit
well for the past week i have been getting the dreaded p1399 (vtec malfunction) p1259 (solenoid malfunction) p0301, p0302, and p0300. after doing some research it doesn't look good most people that get these codes seam to never find the problem:???:...... heres what has been replaced new oem rotor and cap 4 new injectors fuel filter changed last year, the only thing that seams to help is when i change the plugs out for new ones (and yes i gap them correctly) it seams to not misfire for about 3-4 weeks and then it starts doing it again. the teg pulls strong and doesnt feel bad so i hope its not internal...... my next step is getting a new distributor. at this point im open to any information any one has on this. :(

genesis

tougê hêrmit
^ it engages vtec fine do you thingk it could be related to the vafc? how do i check if its good or not?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you would want to check for continuity between the switch terminals, but also it could be a sticking valve or clogged screen, check all the connections for corrosion first.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Have you changed your vtec engagement point with the vafc? My bet is on the vafc, since the solenoid seems to still kick vtec in when you change the plugs.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
the vtec always kicked in even when the plugs were old im starting to think its a CPS or some thing to do with the distributor or maybe even the front 02 sensor because my rear one i had to replace already......

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^why would it make a difference if you clear that code first? And yeah check the o2 sensor. Hopefully it's only that or a dizzy at worst.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
soooo im pretty much fucked i did a compression test with all cylinders around 200 except number two which was 90 FML............ so after doing a leak down its a valve either burn or cracked, so within the next month i will be trying to get a loan so i can get a 98+ ITR . at least the car is drivable and doesn't have too bad of a power loss so i can live with it for the time being. just though i would share the bad news :(