The "Honda Moment"

itzrivera

this isnt exactly anything useful just a feeling of joy im going to post. if you can relate thats pretty sweet!

Have you ever been driving your whip when out of nowhere you see another Honda thats seems to be tastefully hooked up or is a work in progress but none the less, the owner has big plans for it?

Today i was on my way to pick my brother up when i spotted a flatt black, ready for paint, CRX. i drove by while it was waiting to turn out of Wawa, aka the cafeteria you would find in heaven. I made it to a red light about 500 ft down the road from the wawa and as i expected the CRX pulled up. I had my swag glasses on to keep the sun from going HAM on my eyes. I turned over to take a look at the CRX. Not bad, could use a little more love and $$ but it was obvious the owner had a vision of what the final product would look like. next i looked at the driver. seemed like another chill honda fan. then came the moment. no homo. we looked at each other and nodded. both approving of our cars and acknowleding that cars are more than a means of transportation to us. They are an expression of our creativity and vision. All acknowledge by a simple nod. or as im dubbing it, the "Honda Moment"

Maybe im looking to deep into this or the caffiene from my super chill diet cola has hit me hard, but this is a reason that makes me proud to be owner of a Honda. If your a Honda lover throw your hands in the air! :rocker:
and if you read all this then cheers! :beer:

Cripton805

It sucks when you get the Honda jackass though.
I had a Del Sol burning tires next to me on the on ramp to the freeway. I smoked it before we got to the speed limit. 8)

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
It always makes my day when another honda guy can appreciate all my time and effort put into my car. And it kills my day when i see some jackass with azelias in a rice mobile that thinks he is just like the rest of us lol.

miloiii123

Hah I was on my way to my dads house about a week ago and saw a green teg just like mine at a stop sign, we both gave the nod and kept driving, the "honda moment" is always a sense of pride and joy!

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
i always appreciate other hondas except the ricey stuff. but i definitely hate those honda jackasses though. especially when i say they have a nice car and just give me the dirtiest look ever instead of a thanks or something.

mdan9193

Mdan
It aint like that here in nor cal. For some reason everytime I just drive normally low and slow and some other lowered honda comes by me they have to do the ricer fly by or act like they want to "race" and rev up. So stupid. I just nod my head and keep driving.

Cripton805

It aint like that here in nor cal. For some reason everytime I just drive normally low and slow and some other lowered honda comes by me they have to do the ricer fly by or act like they want to "race" and rev up. So stupid. I just nod my head and keep driving.
x2 Central CA

itzrivera

when it comes to the jackasses who try to race, i just give the sarcastic "hell yea brosef" look and proceed to drive slower haha
id much rather drive with swag and be seen and make heads turn than be fast and furious
/swag 8)

Ch_n0

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

where i live its kind of a small city so most the honda guys know each other but theres is a small percent of jack ass honda guys who just rev their engines everywhere they go...and when they try to race me i like to have fun.so they rev and i do the same acting like im going to race but when its time for the take off i let them go by themselves and ill just keep driving at speed limit.lol

DarkDB1

x2 Central CA
Strange... When I had my DB I always would get "nods", waves, smiles or some times would just get side by side for a few miles. I even had a blue DA (I still see him around) follow me to the bank to ask me how did I get my fog lights to be the only lights to turn on... I actually had a 20 minute conversation with a guy that works at Kragen about his DA (I initiated the convo) afew months ago.

I guess i'm some how old school before the animosity and paranoia of theft took over everyones judgement... I haven't had a "teg" since 2009.

But I wouldn't call it a Honda moment... I get the same thing all the time with my BMW. The BMW people seem a whole lot nicer and I find it funny how BMW's will just bundle up in parking lots. I first noticed it when I was studying for a test at starbucks, Looked out to the window at my 540i to see a X5 next to it, Then I watched a new M3 sedan park on the other side of my car then 15 minutes later a new 3 series convertible went on the other side of the X5... Ever since I noticed if we can we BMW owners will park close to one another. Car enthusiast or not... I think it's moniker of owning a BMW. I will miss it...

But I'm going to be moving onto a 2007+ Mini Cooper S or a 05+ Tacoma X-Runner which both still have a decent fan base.