The new KirbyBuilt ED8 Project Sleeper....

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
***Taken straight from my threads on NWP / EF-Honda.com, so the posts may seem weird or whatever lol*****

the old DC4 has been sitting for the past 6months and we lost all motivation to keep the build going, so threw it up for trade on craigslist and got offered this crx....

i know it's not the cleanest car in the world, hell, it's pretty beat the fuck up. but the plan is to keep it real simple and clean, make it look stock like a sleeper, that way all we need to do is adjust the suspension settings and swap wheels and it will look real nice for meets... And for daily, leave it lifted up high, with steelies & ghetto chrome hubcaps lmao....

some of you have seen my laguna gold ed6 hatch, and I run high 13's with it, so the current plan is to swap everything over to this crx HF and try hard to run low 13's all-motor with only bolt-ons, and maybe mid 12's with a 25-30shot of nitrous.

this is the old DC4 that we traded.... shell for shell trade.

_MG_6270 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6268 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

here's the pics from the first morning of ownership :) ....

_MG_6271 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6273 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6275 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6274 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

trunkfull of goodies for the b-series swap, hasport mounts, etc.

_MG_6278 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6279 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

even has original cargo cover yay

_MG_6280 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6281 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

the car has this switch and even the OEM power mirror switch idk why, anyone know what this is for?

_MG_6287 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

and this is where most the work will be happening....

_MG_6283 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

updates coming soon!!! mostly just prepping the engine bay and taking off a bunch of stickers everywhere

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
started to work on the ED8 just a little today, cleaned up the engine bay just a little, getting ready to clean up and paint the bay.... gonna make the bay all nice and clean and leave the exterior stock and sleeper haha

_MG_6312copy by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

tryed a EF si lip and it didnt fit haha

_MG_6314copy by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

also, a shot of these, i believe they are crx Si door panels?

_MG_6288 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

------

today!!!!

_MG_6360 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

cleaned it up ready for sanding/primer!

_MG_6363 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

just did a quick test of the paint to see what it would look like

_MG_6364 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

then cleaned it back up and this is the first coat of primer....

_MG_6369 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

already finished up the primer today and layed down the first coat of the new paint, it looks all flat, need to apply moar coats and clear tomorrow! pics tomorrow!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4

_MG_6376 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6386 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

also painted the bumper again

_MG_6387 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

and all done!!! :D

_MG_6389 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6390 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6392 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6394 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

a little work on the interior, gonna take out the carpet, sound deadning, clean up the floorboard and repaint it as well

_MG_6398 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

sleeeper steering wheel cover? i think so. hahahha

_MG_6399 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

haven't had a chance to work on the interior yet, reassembled the front end and stuff, trying out different wheel setups, see what we like best. Most likely going to end up running the 88-89 Si sawblades or just the steelies with hub caps lol

_MG_6424 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6425 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6426 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

oh yeah, remember all those stickers on the back... gone... and not sure about keeping the SiR badge yet or not....

_MG_6428 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

HELLAFLUSH!!!!

_MG_6429 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

look at that, car came with a brand new EGAY test-pipe lol, gonna make it a custom header-back exhaust with a e-cutout anyway...

_MG_6434 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

stock muffler is flanged, probably so previous owner could unbolt it at the street races LOL

_MG_6435 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

****Most Recent*****

Man, havent gotten on the forums at all lately....

Here's an update on how our CRX project is coming... Pretty much done, just needs to get taken out and do some testing with it. And aquire some new parts before track season opens up again.

_MG_6592 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6603 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

stripped out the sound deadning, then reinstalled the interior, minus carpet.

_MG_6604 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

wiring mess left by previous owners, luckily they at least labeled most the wires

_MG_6605 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6610 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

_MG_6613 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

had to custom fabricate this throttle cable bracket, might paint it or polish it out later

_MG_6615 by 90ed6lsv, on Flickr

:thumbup:

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
looks good damniel i wanna see the quarter mile times
Yeah me too, i'm excited to get it fully drag ready by the time the tracks open up... Before then i'm going to scrape off the undercoating underneath the car, and in the wheel wells, get a skunk2 alpha throttle body, new fuel pump, few minor tweaks here and there, and finish it off with a final re-tune and installation of my nitrous kit. Gonna run only like a 40shot to dive into mid 12's... I want to get this bitch down to ~1800lbs, thats my goal...

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
im not a big crx fan. i liked the gold ED6 as far as body design goes
yeah i could really care less about crx's, hatches have a nicer bodystyle IMO, but hey whatever, this car is mainly going to be set up for track, so it's light as hell, thats one good thing lol, and they're really aerodynamic actually.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
totally not a sleeper... i know what it has :)

nice, im pretty sure its hard not to toss on a si-r front, i know i would, lol.